Re: [5.5.9] custom Sorcerer class

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 44 , Jan 31, 2004
      Could you try the pcgen.zip I put in the "Needs Help With" folder?
      I believe it fixes the issue with your Magister class. I tested
      with a Magister/Sorcerer/Wizard multi-classes character to make sure
      it would keep all the spell-lists separate. You shouldn't need to
      make any changes to your class, though I think using CASTAS:Wizard
      or CASTAS:Sorcerer makes more sense than using SPELLLIST:1|Wizard.
      Both are effectively the same, except the Sorcerer spell list has a
      couple of differences from the Wizard spell list. This pcgen.zip
      contains a replacement for the 5.5.9 beta pcgen.jar file. This is
      not a replacement for the current alpha pcgen.jar file (if you're
      grabbing those).

      -Bryan

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Loyal" <loyalp@c...> wrote:
      > Nope. I need one in 5.5.9?
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Jayme Cox" <jayme@r...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > The difference here is that it is a custom sorcerer class,
      > > > multiclassed with a level of fighter. I haven't yet tried
      > recreating
      > > > the character as a standard sorcerer to compare the .pcg files
      > for
      > > > differences. That will be my next step when I get a few
      minutes.

      > > Do you have a CASTAS: tag in your custom Sorcerer class?
    • merton_monk
      Message 44 of 44 , Feb 1, 2004
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Loyal" <loyalp@c...> wrote:
        > This fixed the problems I was having with my custom sorcerer as
        the
        > CAST progression.
        >
        > However, there is one new problem... If I sort by the name
        column,
        > then the level progression sort is also alpha instead of integer.
        > So, you get level 1, level 10, level 11, etc. instead of level 1,
        > level 2, level 3. I'm sure you know what I mean there.
        >
        > This is "new functionality" since 5.5.8. :)

        I think 5.5.8 only displayed levels 1-9. I think I'll try to make
        empty nodes disappear. That's a minor cosmetic thing - I wanted to
        make sure everything worked properly first! :)

        -Bryan