[BUG] [5.5.9] Spells added to prepped spellbook not displayed

  • allenw_01234
    Message 1 of 44 , Jan 31, 2004
      I've also just found that if I make a prepped-spells spellbook
      (i.e., one besides "Known Spells") for a Wizard or Cleric, any spells
      I try to add to it will not show up on the right-hand pane, though if
      I save, close, and re-load the character, they show up.
      Any idea when a fix for this (and the previous) issue might be
      available in alpha?

      > Ah - thanks. I'm sure it was my changes that broke this. A lot of
      > the spell tab code (which I originally wrote!) was hard to follow,
      > especially after it's sat there for a couple of years collecting
      > dust. The code should be much easier to follow now, so anyone
      after
      > me shouldn't have to worry about the dust alergies. :)
      >
      > -Bryan
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "allenw_01234" <allenw@e...> wrote:
      > > I've experimented a bit more. The problem doesn't occur in
      > 5.5.8,
      > > so it's probably related to the 5.5.9 changes. And it also
      occurs
      > > for Clerics; I assume it probably occurs for all spell-using
      > > classes.
      > >
      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "allenw_01234" <allenw@e...> wrote:
      > > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...>
      > tab.
      > > >
      > > > Sadly, it appears to be broken in 5.5.9. It wasn't in 5.5.5.
      > > > Creating a Wizard in 3.5 using the RSRD (haven't tried any
      > other
      > > > combinations), it appears that any spells that are also spells
      > for
      > > > other classes, but at a different spell level, are being listed
      > (as
      > > > Wizard spells) under all the levels for which some class has
      > them.
      > > > For example, Hold Person (Bard-2/Cleric-2/Wiz-3)is listed under
      > > both
      > > > 2nd and 3rd level Wizard spells. It turns out there's quite a
      > few
      > > > such spells.
    • merton_monk
      Message 44 of 44 , Feb 1, 2004
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Loyal" <loyalp@c...> wrote:
        > This fixed the problems I was having with my custom sorcerer as
        the
        > CAST progression.
        >
        > However, there is one new problem... If I sort by the name
        column,
        > then the level progression sort is also alpha instead of integer.
        > So, you get level 1, level 10, level 11, etc. instead of level 1,
        > level 2, level 3. I'm sure you know what I mean there.
        >
        > This is "new functionality" since 5.5.8. :)

        I think 5.5.8 only displayed levels 1-9. I think I'll try to make
        empty nodes disappear. That's a minor cosmetic thing - I wanted to
        make sure everything worked properly first! :)

        -Bryan

        > -Loyal
        >
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...>
        wrote:
        > > Could you try the pcgen.zip I put in the "Needs Help With"
        folder?
        > > I believe it fixes the issue with your Magister class. I tested
        > > with a Magister/Sorcerer/Wizard multi-classes character to make
        > sure
        > > it would keep all the spell-lists separate. You shouldn't need
        > > make any changes to your class, though I think using
        CASTAS:Wizard
        > > or CASTAS:Sorcerer makes more sense than using
        SPELLLIST:1|Wizard.