[OS BUG] save/load adds wand value

  • Steinar Hauan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2004
      hello,

      it seems that certain items -- at least Wands -- will
      add to their value when you save/load your .pcg files.

      # System Information
      CAMPAIGN:3.5 RSRD|CAMPAIGN:3.5 RSRD Advanced
      VERSION:5.5.9

      to reproduce: create a new character and give him some wands.
      there is no need to do anything to the actual character; you just
      need someone to carry the items. in my last test, i used

      Wand (Magic Missile/3rd level caster)
      Wand (Levitate)
      Wand (Light)

      now save the character and exit pcgen. the .pcg file will have
      the correct cost for each wand. however, if you load it, all
      the values are doubled. save/exit and you see the new double
      value in the .pcg file.

      load the character again, and the value has increased by item
      base price yet again.

      regards,
      --
      Steinar Hauan, dept of ChemE -- hauan@...
      Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh PA, USA
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2004
        Just for clarification this is not an OS bug unless the value/cost only
        changes on the OS and not in the program.

        Sounds like a code issue to me...

        --
        Steven Gilroy
        PCGen OS Lemur