[BUG] BASESPELLSTAT:Class=

  • Steinar Hauan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2004
      hello,

      [sent to pcgen list and not .LST as i suspect an OS bug]

      let's say you have a feat 'Blah' that adds +2 to the spell stat
      of a particular character class (and thus +1 to it's bonus).

      implemented in a .LST file (for cleric/wizard only), i thought the
      syntax would be

      Blah <descriptive stuff> MULT:YES STACK=NO \
      CHOOSE:Cleric|Wizard BONUS:STAT|BASESPELLSTAT:Class=[NAME]|1

      for a single-class character, this works fine. however, let's say
      i have a multiclass cleric-wizard. now picking "Blah (Cleric)"
      gives me a stat bonus both for Cleric & Wizard.

      fine, guess i dont understand the "[NAME]" thing properly yet (*1)
      but i can always implement it as two feats, right?

      Blah (Wizard) BONUS:STAT|BASESPELLSTAT:Class=Wizard|1
      Blah (Cleric) BONUS:STAT|BASESPELLSTAT:Class=Cleric|1

      so I add "Blah (Cleric)" and it produces the desired effect for that
      class. however, it also gives the same effect for Wizard spells.
      further: adding "Blah (Wizard)" in addition to the Cleric one, suddenly
      gives a +2 stat bonus for _both_ classes.

      (*1) in spite of VERY GOOD documentation of tags. go Doc Monkeys! d.s.

      --> is BASESPELLSTAT treated cleanly for PCs with multiple spell types?

      regards,
      --
      Steinar Hauan, dept of ChemE -- hauan@...
      Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh PA, USA
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2004
        I'm no lst monkey, but isn't there a way to exclude classes also? I
        think you can add something like !CLASS=Wizard, !CLASS=Sorceror to get
        around your problem with the Cleric tag.

        --
        Steven Gilroy
        PCGen OS Lemur

      • Steinar Hauan
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2004
          On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Steve Gilroy wrote:
          > I'm no lst monkey, but isn't there a way to exclude classes also? I
          > think you can add something like !CLASS=Wizard, !CLASS=Sorceror to get
          > around your problem with the Cleric tag.

          it's not clear to me where to place the "!Class" tags in the
          most compact definition.

          > >Blah <descriptive stuff> MULT:YES STACK=NO \
          > > CHOOSE:Cleric|Wizard BONUS:STAT|BASESPELLSTAT:Class=[NAME]|1

          problem is still that the above "should" work?
          i.e. if i pick for one class, it should NOT give a bonus for the other.

          with STACK=NO and "Blah" for both classes, i only get +1 now.
          however, pick "Blah" for any one class, still gives a bonus for both.

          regards,