Re: [BUG]5.5.9 dwarven waraxe

  • redmop@mho.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2004
      Is said character using a buckler? When using a buckler with a two
      handed weapon, it has a -1 penalty to your attack excepting ranged
      weapons.

      Hope this helps,
      Shawn

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "kigmatzomat" <kigmatzomat@h...> wrote:
      > I noticed this bug in 5.5.7 the other day and just checked it with
      > 5.5.9.
      >
      > My dwarf barbarian 1/fighter 4 (3.5) has weapon focus (dwarven
      > waraxe/martial) and weapon specialization (dwarven waraxe/martial).
      > His attack bonuses don't make sense. Just to be safe, I created the
      > character from scratch in 3.5 with only the RSRD loaded.
      >
      > Given his 18 strength, +5, +1 weapon and WF his attack bonus should be
      > +11 (4+5+1+1=11) for both 1-handed and 2-handed use.
      >
      > What he gets is:
      > 1H-P 1H-O 2H 2W-P-(OH) 2W-P-(OL) 2W-OH
      > +11 +6 +10 +5 +7 +0
      >
      > If it makes a difference, the same thing happens if you replace
      > dwarven waraxe with a heavy mace or longsword.
      >
      > Any ideas why the 2-hand usage is lower?
      >
      > -James McP
    • kigmatzomat
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, redmop@m... wrote:
        > Is said character using a buckler? When using a buckler with a two
        > handed weapon, it has a -1 penalty to your attack excepting ranged
        > weapons.

        Sigh. I thought that went away when using a masterwork darkwood
        buckler. Ignore the cluless gamer behind the curtain.

        -James McP