How to create a Wonderous Item from the GUI?

  • jimitek
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2004
      Question: How to create a Wonderous Item from the GUI?

      attributes is easy:

      1. Right click on weapon.
      2. Select "Create custom item".
      3. Select "Masterwork".
      4. Click on "Add".
      5. Select "+1".
      6. Click on "Add".
      7. Repeat with additional attributes until satisfied.

      However, when I try to add additional attributes to most "goods",
      the only attribute that I am allowed to add is "Add type". Even
      after adding types "wonderous" and "magic" and "masterwork", I am
      still unable to modify the weight contained ("CONTAINS" in
      the "srdequipwondrousitems.lst" file) or add other magical
      attributes.

      What I would like to do at the moment is create a modified "Handy
      Haversack" that is able to hold 240 pounds instead of the normal 120
      pounds. The only way that I have been able to do this at the moment
      is to edit "srdequipwondrousitems.lst" directly and add in my
      modified version of "Handy Haversack".

      Question: Is there a way, using the GUI, to:

      1. Modify the "CONTAINS" attribute of a custom container?
      2. Add other magical attributes to a custom container (or other
      wonderous item).

      Thanks for you help!

      -james

      ps: This is the first time I've used or posted to a discussion
      group, so please let me know if I've done something wrong.