CVS custom feats in XML?

  • Emily Smirle
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2004
      Checked out code from CVS, built, started running pcgen. Used the feat
      editor to ad a whackload of feats, intending to copy them to my personal
      LST files for polishing...

      and found them in some kind of bastard XML.

      Neat. Does this work in regular LST files now? or only the customFeats file?

      --
      Soylant Clear: Clearly less people, Clearly less fat.
    • Keith Davies
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2004
        On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 11:06:02AM -0500, Emily Smirle wrote:
        > Checked out code from CVS, built, started running pcgen. Used the feat
        > editor to ad a whackload of feats, intending to copy them to my
        > personal LST files for polishing...
        >
        > and found them in some kind of bastard XML.
        >
        > Neat. Does this work in regular LST files now? or only the customFeats
        > file?

        Unless this is due to some experimental stuff Frugal was doing, I know
        nothing about it. Where in the source tree do you find this? (or
        better, mail me the XML file)

        Keith
        keith.davies@... Naomi: "Strawberry!"
        me: "What do you say?"
        Naomi: "*MY* strawberry!"
      • Frugal
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
          On Sunday 01 February 2004 04:20, Keith Davies wrote:
          > On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 11:06:02AM -0500, Emily Smirle wrote:
          > > Checked out code from CVS, built, started running pcgen. Used the feat
          > > editor to ad a whackload of feats, intending to copy them to my
          > > personal LST files for polishing...
          > >
          > > and found them in some kind of bastard XML.
          > >
          > > Neat. Does this work in regular LST files now? or only the customFeats
          > > file?
          >
          > Unless this is due to some experimental stuff Frugal was doing, I know
          > nothing about it. Where in the source tree do you find this? (or
          > better, mail me the XML file)

          This has nothing to do with experimental XML. The most likely problem is that
          the feat editor is creating a prerequisite and then just assuming that it is
          a String in LST syntax.

          I have a toString() on Prerequisite to aid debugging and the Feat editor is
          assuming that the toString() method returns LST syntax.

          This is another example of the lack of separation between the data, the
          implementation and the persistence layers.

          I am going to have to write a series of Persistence layer classes for
          Prerequisites so that they can be written out into LST syntax.

          --
          regards,
          Frugal