move on, nothing to see here

  • bblackmoor
    Message 1 of 62 , Jan 30, 2004
      Steve Gilroy <sgilroy2@w...> wrote:
      > I would actually think that they should have higher
      > priority because of the fact that they have been in
      > PCGen for so long and still have just as many problems
      > as 3.5 or more.

      There is a phrase which comes to mind here: "the best darned buggy
      whip in the automobile industry".

      Look, PCGen *3.0* is completely adequate for D&D 3.0. That's what I
      was using myself until quite recently. If people like my quite-recent
      self don't want to upgrade, they make their choice and they get what
      they get.

      For the *present*, I think it's a tremendous waste to divert limited
      development resources to an obsolete system. They aren't *my*
      resources, so obviously I don't get to choose, but I do protest the
      misguided objections from some quarters that it's the right and proper
      thing to do... for all that my protest may matter, which isn't much on
      the best of days. :)

      That being said, the people who actually volunteer their time to *do*
      the work will volunteer it where they like, which is as it should be.
      Enough grumbling. If you have a complaint about the LST files you paid
      for, you should take it up with the people you gave your money.

      bblackmoor
      2004-01-30
    • Barak
      Message 62 of 62 , Feb 2, 2004
        It basically depends on how they were written by the publisher.

        I would imagine any new sources publishers produce will be geared towards
        3.5 and that's how they'll be coded for PCGen.

        Older stuff was obviously created for 3.0 rules and so will be coded that
        way.

        I would presume if OGL publishers put out conversion documents, we'd have a
        set for each ruleset. :p

        Barak
        ~PCGen BoD
        ~OS Silverback