Re: How do the powers that be monitor this group for bug reports?

  • Jeremy Turnley
    Message 1 of 62 , Jan 30, 2004
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "koralis_arkhadian" <brentab@e...>
      wrote:
      > Respectfully, that's not true. PCgen is discussed here, and many
      > people are awaiting 5.6.0.
      >
      > When upgrades happen that break old list files, it makes you
      wonder
      > why these decisions were made? Were there compelling reasons for
      > the changes? Or is it just so that "neat" features can be added?

      Respectfully, your comments in that post were specifically about
      CMP's data sets and support policies. While releated to PCGen, they
      belong in CMP's forums, not here.

      wrote:
      > That's missing the point....
      >
      > CMP datasets must be released hand-in-hand with the stable (not to
      > call them bug-free) releases. Delays in one impact the other. As
      > result it's been a LOOOOOONG time since I've been able to update
      the
      > program to get rid of some annoying bugs that have since been
      fixed,
      > but not "stable."
      >

      > >otherwise, they'd be spending all of their time updating
      > > their datasets.
      >
      > Isn't that why they asked for our money?
    • Barak
      Message 62 of 62 , Feb 2, 2004
        It basically depends on how they were written by the publisher.

        I would imagine any new sources publishers produce will be geared towards
        3.5 and that's how they'll be coded for PCGen.

        Older stuff was obviously created for 3.0 rules and so will be coded that
        way.

        I would presume if OGL publishers put out conversion documents, we'd have a
        set for each ruleset. :p

        Barak
        ~PCGen BoD
        ~OS Silverback