OS Suggestion - template should treat 2H weapons differently

  • financefm
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2004
      I'm fairly new to the software, so I want to start off by thanking
      everybody involved.

      If this has been addressed, or I'm doing something wrong, I
      apologize, but would appreciate a response on how to change it myself.

      In the weapon listings, I notice that ranged weapons are listed
      differently than melee weapons. As is the unarmed entry. I was
      wondering if two-handed weapons could be listed differently as well
      since the only relevant entry is 2H and everything else (1H-P, 1H-O,
      2W-P(OH), 2W-P(OL), 2W-OH) are all irrelevant. The only other thing
      I can think of is that a buckler would cause a different "To Hit"
      bonus, and dual edged weapons would have two damage entries.

      So I guess my suggestion is getting rid of everything but 2H entry,
      and perhaps adding 2H w/Buckler entry.

      The dual edged weapons should probably be yet another format. This
      would save some vertical real estate on a character sheet.

      I did a search for my next issue which I think may actually be a bug,
      and didn't find references to it. Let me know if I should enter
      these @ sf.net.

      Locked gauntlets don't have appropriate entries for melee attacks in
      the lst files.

      They also don't show up as a proficiency for a fighter.

      When I have half-plate equipped I can't equip a locked gauntlet, and
      vice-a-versa.

      Since I can't do the above the funny weight handling probably isn't
      available either. Gauntlets replace the gauntlets that come with
      full suits so the weight is not cumulative. I'm assuming the
      conflict above is what is causing the inability to equip both.

      The problem for Spiked gauntlets is different. If you equip a
      weapon, you can't equip the spiked gauntlets, and vice-a-versa.

      The weight modifier problem exists with spiked gauntlets too.

      Thanks in advance, great work!
    • Devon Jones
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 30, 2004
        Parrent message contains bugs, flagging for TMs

        Devon