[FREQ] OUTPUT Special Abilities counter?

  • Jeff Hoover
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 29, 2004
      I'd like to see a way to make a table of Special Abilities the same
      way you can make one with Feats.

      I'd like to see a TAG for Special Ability that is analogous to
      FEATSALL.ALL.

      Alternately, is there a way to count the output of SPECIALLIST?
    • Emily Smirle
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 29, 2004
        Jeff Hoover wrote:

        >I'd like to see a way to make a table of Special Abilities the same
        >way you can make one with Feats.
        >
        >I'd like to see a TAG for Special Ability that is analogous to
        >FEATSALL.ALL.
        >
        >Alternately, is there a way to count the output of SPECIALLIST?

        |FOR,%,0,COUNT[SA],1,1|
        |SPECIALABILITY.%|
        |ENDFOR|

        voilla.

        You can also split up SA's by RACE, CLASS, and MISC (IIRC). Check the
        documentation.

        --
        Soylant Clear: Clearly less people, Clearly less fat.
      • Jeff Hoover
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 1, 2004
          What copy of the documentation did SA appear in? I'm running 5.5.4 (on MAC OS X) and I
          checked plambert's site and found no mention of it.

          Oh, and Thanks! It does work.

          -jjh

          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 1, 2004
            Jeff Hoover wrote:

            >What copy of the documentation did SA appear in? I'm running 5.5.4 (on MAC OS X) and I
            >checked plambert's site and found no mention of it.
            >
            >Oh, and Thanks! It does work.

            it's not in any of the documentation, so don't feel left out.

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Emily Smirle <smirle4498@r...> wrote:

            >> |FOR,%,0,COUNT[SA],1,1|
            >> |SPECIALABILITY.%|
            >> |ENDFOR|
            >>
            >> voilla.
            >>
            >> You can also split up SA's by RACE, CLASS, and MISC (IIRC). Check the
            >> documentation.
            >>
            >> --
            >> Soylant Clear: Clearly less people, Clearly less fat.

            --
            Soylant Clear: Clearly less people, Clearly less fat.
          • Sigurdur H. Olafsson
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 2, 2004
              Please check out either:
              The "List File Tag Index" - SA
              For the full extent of SA documentattion

              Or the Global Tags - Other page

              see the following link for the current version.
              http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen/current/_docs/listfilepages/globalfilest
              agpages/globalfilesother.html#SA

              For Global SA documentation

              If it´s complete or not I cannot tell on the other hand.

              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 2, 2004
                But isn´t Tag Name: SA:name(SPECIALS) deprecated?

                From the console in 5.5.9.
                "SPECIALS in class files is now deprecated, please use feats instead."

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Sigurdur H. Olafsson" <here@h...>

                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 2, 2004
                  Sigurdur H. Olafsson wrote:

                  >But isn´t Tag Name: SA:name(SPECIALS) deprecated?
                  >
                  >>From the console in 5.5.9.
                  >"SPECIALS in class files is now deprecated, please use feats instead."

                  I've never seen SPECIALS, and never used it.

                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 2, 2004
                    Sigurdur H. Olafsson wrote:

                    >Please check out either:
                    >The "List File Tag Index" - SA
                    >For the full extent of SA documentattion
                    >
                    >Or the Global Tags - Other page
                    >
                    >see the following link for the current version.
                    >http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen/current/_docs/listfilepages/globalfilest
                    >agpages/globalfilesother.html#SA
                    >
                    >For Global SA documentation
                    >
                    >If it´s complete or not I cannot tell on the other hand.

                    As I said, SPECIALABILITY is not documented. Nor is COUNT[SA]. Thus the
                    DOC tag, to get a tracker for DOC monkeys.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 2, 2004
                      Sigurdur H. Olafsson wrote:

                      >But isn´t Tag Name: SA:name(SPECIALS) deprecated?
                      >
                      >>From the console in 5.5.9.
                      >"SPECIALS in class files is now deprecated, please use feats instead."

                      Ok, SA is separate from SPECIALS is separate from SPECIALABILITY.
                      ESPECIALLY when talking about output sheet tags vs LST tags.

                      SA is a LST tag that enters a special ability. it is not deprecated.

                      SPECIALABILITY is an OUTPUT tag that spits out the nth special ability
                      as entered using SA.

                      COUNT[SA] is used on the output sheets to tell you how many special
                      abilities the character has, usually used in loop control.

                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 2, 2004
                        Gotcha now :)
                        Tracker:
                        [ 889038 ] SPECIALABILITY & COUNT[SA] are not documented
                        organized.

                        Message 11 of 17 , Feb 2, 2004
                          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Emily Smirle <smirle4498@r...> wrote:
                          > SPECIALABILITY is an OUTPUT tag that spits out the nth special
                          > ability as entered using SA.

                          And seemingly is documented in:
                          http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen/current/_docs/outputsheetpages/tokens/ou
                          tputsheettokensspecialability.html#SPECIALABILITY

                          > COUNT[SA] is used on the output sheets to tell you how many special
                          > abilities the character has, usually used in loop control.

                          This is how it is currently documened:

                          Token Name: COUNT[x]

                          Variables Used (x): Text (Count Type).

                          CLASSES - The number of classes a character has.
                          snip
                          SA - The number of special attacks a character has.

                          so someone obviously thinks SA stands for Special Attacks.

                          So is the bottom line then that the only problem in the current docs
                          is that the COUNT[SA] entry is bugged... or am I still missing
                          something?
                        • Shane Molnar
                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 2, 2004
                            I was probably the fool who made the incorrect entry! :(

                            SA should be Special Ability...

                            Fixed in outputsheettokens and PREXXX listfile area. I will behave
                            better in the future, I promise! :)

                            Shane Molnar
                            (a.k.a. LetohNereg)
                            www.rubycovenant.com.au
                            PCGen Doc Silverback
                            PCGen BoD

                            > SPECIALABILITY is an OUTPUT tag that spits out the nth special ability

                            > as entered using SA.

                            And seemingly is documented in:
                            http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen/current/_docs/outputsheetpages/tokens/ou
                            tputsheettokensspecialability.html#SPECIALABILITY

                            > COUNT[SA] is used on the output sheets to tell you how many special
                            > abilities the character has, usually used in loop control.

                            This is how it is currently documened:

                            Token Name: COUNT[x]

                            Variables Used (x): Text (Count Type).

                            CLASSES - The number of classes a character has.
                            snip
                            SA - The number of special attacks a character has.

                            so someone obviously thinks SA stands for Special Attacks.

                            So is the bottom line then that the only problem in the current docs
                            is that the COUNT[SA] entry is bugged... or am I still missing
                            something?

                            PCGen's FAQ:

                            Yahoo! Groups Links

                            To visit your group on the web, go to:

                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                          • Sigurdur H. Olafsson
                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 3, 2004
                              Shane, tracker [ 889038 ] modified accordingly and assigned to you.

                              Emily / Jeff, do you believe the matter is solved?

                              Message 14 of 17 , Feb 3, 2004
                                Jeff it should be in the current documentation (5.5.9. / Plambert),
                                please get back if you can/cannot find it.

                                Message 15 of 17 , Feb 3, 2004
                                  Sigurdur H. Olafsson wrote:

                                  >Shane, tracker [ 889038 ] modified accordingly and assigned to you.
                                  >
                                  >Emily / Jeff, do you believe the matter is solved?

                                  I couldn't find SPECIALABILITY before, but what the hey, I can't find my
                                  socks either. With the correction to COUNT[SA], it should be just fine.

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Feb 3, 2004
                                    Sigurdur-

                                    I don't see it in the 5.5.9 (Mac OS X) release or at <http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen/
                                    current/_docs/>

                                    It works in 5.5.4, and I'll check it in 5.5.9 very soon now that Connor has the Mac installer
                                    ready.

                                    -jjh

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Feb 4, 2004
                                      Jeff,