Beta PCGen 5.5.9 is Available

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 44 , Jan 28, 2004
      The spells tab has received a slight face-lift that should also make
      it faster. Grapple is now calculated correctly based upon character
      size. Work on the RSRD (3.5e) data continues. To view the 3.5e
      sources, in the "Settings" menu, select "Game Mode/Campaign" and
      you'll see the 3.5e option.

      There are 3 versions of this release:
      pcgen559_full.zip : everything including GMGen and PDF, best
      installed in new directory
      pcgen559_patch.zip : everything that's changed since 5.5.1, install
      over any version 5.5.1 to 5.5.8
      pcgen559_partial.zip : everything except GMGen and PDF, best
      installed in new directory

      Below is a list of everything that has been addressed since the last
      release. If you reported one of these, please verify that it is was
      addressed properly. PCGen is available at
      http://pcgen.sourceforge.net, and the main discussion group is at:

      Total issues resolved by group:
      Code Monkeys: 10
      Doc Monkeys: 10
      Data Monkeys: 6
      OS Monkeys: 7

      Bugs
      876332 Psionic spells missing
      870250 Bypass Feat Requirements setting not working
      884199 [5.5.8] Removing equipment sometimes doesn't update weight
      877449 Party output not available.
      882128 [5.7.1] !PRECLASS:1,Monk does not work
      882412 Shortspear is neither Melee nor ranged
      881948 Domain select button generates exception
      878870 BONUS:UDAM not working

      Features
      886705 spell tab - allow more views
      882585 new FACE spec

      Data Bugs
      873701 [RSRD] LEVELSPERFEAT tag incorrect
      877801 [ALL MODES] Grapple Size Bonus Incorrect
      881924 Shortspear missing a '.' in TYPE
      708420 Ring of Ram Charges

      Data Features
      None

      Data Tag Additions
      None

      Data New Sources
      None

      Data List File Fixes
      860360 [RSRD] Added Bonus Spells to Dragon Disciple
      861867 [RSRD] animal companions

      Data Tag Modifications
      None

      Documentation Bugs
      877490 COUNT[FEATNAME=xxx] does not work when xxx is VISIBLE:NO
      877416 Familiars and the Resources Tab
      880491 CLASS Tag Error

      Documentation Features
      881985 Undocumented tag CHARGES
      844841 BASESPELLKNOWNSTAT
      845593 CHOOSE:NUMBER not documented
      879202 changed DAMAGE tags - deprecated tags
      879214 Add BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT.GRAPPLE|y
      836075 BONUS:UDAM not documented
      871635 DFOR Tokens missing from Docs

      Output Sheet Bugs
      886207 AC wrong for followers/companions/mounts
      880873 csheet_fantasy_std.xslt: spell school tag typo
      867457 Turn level and turn damage
      873319 Deprecaded Tokens being used in OS
      874412 WEAPON.#.NUMATTACKS token is broken
      880250 Grapple Incorrect

      Output Sheet Features
      834227 Epic bonuses

      PCGen Development Team
    • merton_monk
      Message 44 of 44 , Feb 1, 2004
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Loyal" <loyalp@c...> wrote:
        > This fixed the problems I was having with my custom sorcerer as
        the
        > CAST progression.
        >
        > However, there is one new problem... If I sort by the name
        column,
        > then the level progression sort is also alpha instead of integer.
        > So, you get level 1, level 10, level 11, etc. instead of level 1,
        > level 2, level 3. I'm sure you know what I mean there.
        >
        > This is "new functionality" since 5.5.8. :)

        I think 5.5.8 only displayed levels 1-9. I think I'll try to make
        empty nodes disappear. That's a minor cosmetic thing - I wanted to
        make sure everything worked properly first! :)

        -Bryan

        > -Loyal
        >
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...>
        wrote:
        > > Could you try the pcgen.zip I put in the "Needs Help With"
        folder?
        > > I believe it fixes the issue with your Magister class. I tested
        > > with a Magister/Sorcerer/Wizard multi-classes character to make
        > sure
        > > it would keep all the spell-lists separate. You shouldn't need
        > > make any changes to your class, though I think using
        CASTAS:Wizard
        > > or CASTAS:Sorcerer makes more sense than using
        SPELLLIST:1|Wizard.