Re: [pcgen] Re: Rules of the Game column on WotC D&D site

  • Matt Haffner
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 28, 2004
      On Jan 28, 2004, at 2:05 PM, Andrew Wardell wrote:

      >> From: "Chris" <barak@...>
      >
      >>> clarifications... not saying it doesn't already, but maybe
      >>> worth checking into.
      >>
      >> It does (as long as the .lst files have been put together with
      >> the appropriate TYPE tags for the various bonuses).
      >>
      >> Barak
      >
      > Does it correctly deal with the part below? (This struck me as the
      > most likely problem area)
      >
      > "Always apply increases to a speed before making any adjustments for
      > armor or encumbrance (see Tactical Movement, in Chapter 8 of the
      > Player's Handbook). The expeditious retreat spell adds +30 feet to our
      > human's base speed of 30 feet, which yields a speed of 60 feet, which
      > chainmail reduces to 40 ..."

      I keep meaning to try it out since I read this too, but haven't gotten
      around to it. Some speed related issues are being thrown about in this
      tracker:

      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
      func=detail&aid=870971&group_id=36698&atid=417816

      I allude to that issue in my last comment, but didn't know whether it's
      handling it right or not. In 3.0/SRD, it was never this clear. I'm very
      glad it's so much cleaner now.

      mh - ZansForCans
      --
      Group Editing & Authoring Support
      flexible campaign management for the web