Re: [pcgen] RE: Longbow (Composit) attack bonus bug?

  • Matt Haffner
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 28, 2004
      On Jan 28, 2004, at 12:50 PM, Jayme Cox wrote:

      >> So, is the -2 being applied elsewhere when your strength is too low?
      >
      > The problem is that the new prereq code is not able to parse out the
      > value of
      > %CHOICE from the above bonus statement. So the -2 penalty is always
      > applied.

      Ah, I misunderstood your 'fix' above :) I thought you were saying the
      tag needed to go. You were just saying to remove it until the prereq
      code is fixed. Gotcha :)

      >> You gain the -2 penalty with an unmodified composite bow now if
      >> you Strength drops below 10. Should even the default composites have
      >> the Bow_STR mod then?
      >
      > There is no default composite longbow. The one you see in the
      > Equipment list is
      > the 'modifiable' one.

      Right, I was suggesting that it might need a Bow_STR mod +0 right in
      the equipment list to get the new core rules behavior that you get a -2
      penalty with it if you don't have a Str bonus of at least +0. I think
      this is more true now that I understand what's broken :)

      I'll try a few things out and open a tracker for it with better
      description if needed after the prereq stuff gets fixed.

      >> there anyway to get the CHOOSE box to sort numerically
      >> instead of alpha so that the common +1 - +5 types are
      >> choose-able without scrolling?
      >
      > Sure there must be... Open a FREQ for it!

      Will do. Thanks.

      mh - ZansForCans
      --
      Group Editing & Authoring Support
      flexible campaign management for the web