How do the powers that be monitor this group for bug reports?

  • magus1972
    Message 1 of 62 , Jan 26, 2004
      *DISCLAIMER*: No offense is intended. I just want to understand how
      the bug-reporting process works.

      I'm just wondering if there are people out there who are designated
      to look through the posts and pick out the bug reports from the
      other chaff. Does anyone receive all of this groups' messages in
      their own Inbox and have rules set to "sort" messages based on any
      of the [DATA], [CODE], [OS] or [BUG] tags we, the community, have
      been asked to place in our post Subject lines? I was under the
      quite-possibly-mistaken impression that this is why Merton_Monk, in
      his infinite wisdom, created Tracker Monkeys(TM). ;-)

      The reason that I ask is that some of my bug reports have gotten
      near-immediate responses, and sometimes, I've had to post repeatedly
      to get even a single reply. I wonder if everyone just surfs to the
      PCGen group Home page and only ever sees the latest 5 posts, or if
      there are people out there who take a deeper look (I can't possibly
      be the only one).

      I understand that Real Life(TM) tends to interfere, and that people
      are human, and things do slip through the cracks, and all that, but
      it's happened a few times now. It makes me wonder if my bug report
      crossed the bounds of this groups' netiquette rules somehow, and was
      ignored on purpose.

      To whit, please see my post # 72857 for a fairly major (IMHO) bug.
      I mean PCGen actually asked me, via a dialog box, to "Please report
      this as a bug", so it must be something important. ;-)

      Again, no offense intended, just trying to help out. Myself,
      mostly, but other people too... ;-)

      Oh, and BTW, PCGen is awesome. Trying to code anything as complex
      as an RPG ruleset is a *monumental* task. Kudos to everyone
      involved!

      Sincerely,

      Magus1972
    • Barak
      Message 62 of 62 , Feb 2, 2004
        It basically depends on how they were written by the publisher.

        I would imagine any new sources publishers produce will be geared towards
        3.5 and that's how they'll be coded for PCGen.

        Older stuff was obviously created for 3.0 rules and so will be coded that
        way.

        I would presume if OGL publishers put out conversion documents, we'd have a
        set for each ruleset. :p

        Barak
        ~PCGen BoD
        ~OS Silverback