Re: General query - PCGen in 2004

  • illrigger187
    Message 1 of 67 , Jan 2, 2004
      > Description text for items - especially magic items. Would be
      nice to
      > have a text field to add 'Flavor text' like "Silver hilt with ruby
      > pommel and mithril quillions, Giant Bane in Elven runes on the
      blade.
      > Found in the Xirex dungeon." Would be great if magic items could
      be
      > check-boxed to print in the existing OS Magic Item area without
      having
      > to reenter the information.

      I really like this idea as well. Being able to make notes about
      where you found a given item would be a VERY useful feature.

      -Illy
    • Darth Borehd
      Message 67 of 67 , Jan 13, 2004
        My priorities are:
        > 4. data bugs/incompleteness (make what's there work
        > first!) [my group use a lot of non-standard races in
        3.5, and Wood Elves and other variant races are
        missing]

        > 6. output sheet bugs (make the current sheets work
        > better!) [the direct print option screws up the
        formatting. we usually either convert to PDF and
        print or just get a pencil and copy it longhand. the
        auto-generate history needs work. height/weight/age
        never works. If there is no official data, default
        data for different size creatures should be
        substituted]

        > 5. output sheet features (more character sheets and
        > options!) [maybe some sample character portraits and
        the ability to use Neverwinter Nights Potrait .TGA
        format. Also, an option to have a generic "paperdoll"
        section of the sheet that indicates what magical items
        are on which part of the body]

        > 3. new data (more books!) [I would like Way of the
        Witch and Encyclopedia Arcane: Shaman/Chronomancer.
        Wizards said anything about adding non-SRD, but
        official fan-licensed material? Like maybe from
        Planescape http://www.ps3e.com/ and Mystara
        http://www.mystara3e.starflung.com and Dragonlance
        http://www.dragonlance.com/ and Dark Sun
        http://www.athas.org/%5d

        > 1. code features (more functionality) [Is there a
        way to make it easier for me to hook my own dice
        roller output the program? Like can I have ability to
        tell it to run an external program or go to a webpage
        like www.random.org?]

        > 2. code bugs (stability/errors) [not many of these.]

        > 7. other [I really miss the ability to use Star Wars
        but I understand about the legal issues. Maybe a
        generic sci-fi option that can be easily modified?]