RE: [pcgen] General query - PCGen in 2004

  • Michael R. Beaver
    Message 1 of 67 , Jan 2, 2004
      <---------------------------SNIP------------------------------------>
      Inclusion of Chainmail Bikini's stuff - After I purchased their
      Beyond Monks pdf supplement, they have since given me two updates, one
      when they revised it to version 2 and another a couple of weeks after
      WOTC released 3.5 where they had revised BM to be 3.5 compatable.
      Both of these updates were free. IMO, such companies should be
      included in PCGEN, assuming of course they agree.
      <---------------------------SNIP------------------------------------>

      I will see what I can do about contacting the publisher for permission.
      If you want to help make this happen contact Doug McMillan (
      dlm1065@... <mailto:dlm1065@...> ) as we can always use
      more people to make lst files.

      I will keep the list informed of my progress.

      Michael Beaver
      Publisher Liaison, Board of Directors - PCGen

    • Darth Borehd
      Message 67 of 67 , Jan 13, 2004
        My priorities are:
        > 4. data bugs/incompleteness (make what's there work
        > first!) [my group use a lot of non-standard races in
        3.5, and Wood Elves and other variant races are
        missing]

        > 6. output sheet bugs (make the current sheets work
        > better!) [the direct print option screws up the
        formatting. we usually either convert to PDF and
        print or just get a pencil and copy it longhand. the
        auto-generate history needs work. height/weight/age
        never works. If there is no official data, default
        data for different size creatures should be
        substituted]

        > 5. output sheet features (more character sheets and
        > options!) [maybe some sample character portraits and
        the ability to use Neverwinter Nights Potrait .TGA
        format. Also, an option to have a generic "paperdoll"
        section of the sheet that indicates what magical items
        are on which part of the body]

        > 3. new data (more books!) [I would like Way of the
        Witch and Encyclopedia Arcane: Shaman/Chronomancer.
        Wizards said anything about adding non-SRD, but
        official fan-licensed material? Like maybe from
        Planescape http://www.ps3e.com/ and Mystara
        http://www.mystara3e.starflung.com and Dragonlance
        http://www.dragonlance.com/ and Dark Sun
        http://www.athas.org/%5d

        > 1. code features (more functionality) [Is there a
        way to make it easier for me to hook my own dice
        roller output the program? Like can I have ability to
        tell it to run an external program or go to a webpage
        like www.random.org?]

        > 2. code bugs (stability/errors) [not many of these.]

        > 7. other [I really miss the ability to use Star Wars
        but I understand about the legal issues. Maybe a
        generic sci-fi option that can be easily modified?]