General query - PCGen in 2004

  • tabeall
    Message 1 of 67 , Jan 2, 2004
      A bit late but here goes:

      Better equipment sheets - Would like a sheet similar to those that
      were in version 3, i.e. a basic char sheet for that equipment set. Or
      a heading on the existing character output sheets stating the
      equipment set used to generate the sheet. While I can currently print
      a character sheet for each equipment set say Adventuring and Formal
      Court, there is no way to quickly tell the two apart.

      Export/Import of program preferences - To avoid the problem of having
      to enter yet again the browser location, paper size etc. with each new
      release or after wiping out the options.ini file to fix a problem.
      Maybe a PCGEN_Pref environment variable pointing to a file location
      listing the common preferences.

      Lst editor for basic equipment - So one can create that quiver or
      scabbard to modify into a Scabbard of Greater Magic Weapon usable once
      per day.

      Description text for items - especially magic items. Would be nice to
      have a text field to add 'Flavor text' like "Silver hilt with ruby
      pommel and mithril quillions, Giant Bane in Elven runes on the blade.
      Found in the Xirex dungeon." Would be great if magic items could be
      check-boxed to print in the existing OS Magic Item area without having
      to reenter the information.

      A way to have weapons NOT show as weapons on the character sheet - my
      monk has never used her dagger as a weapon but PCGen must be sure that
      it is her favorite weapon as it lists it first and twice(melee and
      thrown). Still, it is handy to have one listed as carried when it is
      rope cutting time.

      Inclusion of Chainmail Bikini's stuff - After I purchased their
      Beyond Monks pdf supplement, they have since given me two updates, one
      when they revised it to version 2 and another a couple of weeks after
      WOTC released 3.5 where they had revised BM to be 3.5 compatable.
      Both of these updates were free. IMO, such companies should be
      included in PCGEN, assuming of course they agree.
    • Darth Borehd
      Message 67 of 67 , Jan 13, 2004
        My priorities are:
        > 4. data bugs/incompleteness (make what's there work
        > first!) [my group use a lot of non-standard races in
        3.5, and Wood Elves and other variant races are
        missing]

        > 6. output sheet bugs (make the current sheets work
        > better!) [the direct print option screws up the
        formatting. we usually either convert to PDF and
        print or just get a pencil and copy it longhand. the
        auto-generate history needs work. height/weight/age
        never works. If there is no official data, default
        data for different size creatures should be
        substituted]

        > 5. output sheet features (more character sheets and
        > options!) [maybe some sample character portraits and
        the ability to use Neverwinter Nights Potrait .TGA
        format. Also, an option to have a generic "paperdoll"
        section of the sheet that indicates what magical items
        are on which part of the body]

        > 3. new data (more books!) [I would like Way of the
        Witch and Encyclopedia Arcane: Shaman/Chronomancer.
        Wizards said anything about adding non-SRD, but
        official fan-licensed material? Like maybe from
        Planescape http://www.ps3e.com/ and Mystara
        http://www.mystara3e.starflung.com and Dragonlance
        http://www.dragonlance.com/ and Dark Sun
        http://www.athas.org/%5d

        > 1. code features (more functionality) [Is there a
        way to make it easier for me to hook my own dice
        roller output the program? Like can I have ability to
        tell it to run an external program or go to a webpage
        like www.random.org?]

        > 2. code bugs (stability/errors) [not many of these.]

        > 7. other [I really miss the ability to use Star Wars
        but I understand about the legal issues. Maybe a
        generic sci-fi option that can be easily modified?]