[BUG] 5.5.5 Inventory Behavior

  • slippy_theclown
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2004
      Using a fresh install of PCGen v 5.5.5 and ALPHA autobuild
      200401011414 JAR file.

      I tried to equip a 1st level Halfling Rouge with a Shortbow
      (Composite). PCGen kept telling me I needed to customize the item
      first. I tried to customize it to a size small but it then would not
      allow me to add the Shortbow (Composite/Short). It also told me I
      had to customize the item first.

      Any ideas what could be causing this? Or has this already been
      brought up?
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2004

        > Using a fresh install of PCGen v 5.5.5 and ALPHA autobuild
        > 200401011414 JAR file.
        >
        > I tried to equip a 1st level Halfling Rouge with a Shortbow
        > (Composite). PCGen kept telling me I needed to customize the item
        > first. I tried to customize it to a size small but it then would not
        > allow me to add the Shortbow (Composite/Short). It also told me I
        > had to customize the item first.
        >
        > Any ideas what could be causing this? Or has this already been
        > brought up?

        Its the strength mod that needs to be added. It's been discussed before, but
        no fix has been put in yet. If you select a strength level, all is fine.

        James Dempsey
        JDempsey@...
        PCGEN Code Monkey
      • slippy_theclown
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2004
          Great! Thanks!

          > > Using a fresh install of PCGen v 5.5.5 and ALPHA autobuild
          > > 200401011414 JAR file.
          > >
          > > I tried to equip a 1st level Halfling Rouge with a Shortbow
          > > (Composite). PCGen kept telling me I needed to customize the item
          > > first. I tried to customize it to a size small but it then would
          not
          > > allow me to add the Shortbow (Composite/Short). It also told me I
          > > had to customize the item first.
          > >
          > > Any ideas what could be causing this? Or has this already been
          > > brought up?
          > >
          > Its the strength mod that needs to be added. It's been discussed
          before, but
          > no fix has been put in yet. If you select a strength level, all is
          fine.

          > Cheers,
          > James Dempsey
          > JDempsey@a...
          > PCGEN Code Monkey
        • slippy_theclown
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 1, 2004
            Just thought of this, an easy fix might just be to have it ask for
            the STR bonus when the item is chosen. Problem is, I didnt see a +0
            available in the selection of STR mods. This would have to be added
            and then something to make it ask you for the bonus by default
            instead of just telling you to customize it.

            Just a thought anyhow...

            > > Using a fresh install of PCGen v 5.5.5 and ALPHA autobuild
            > > 200401011414 JAR file.
            > >
            > > I tried to equip a 1st level Halfling Rouge with a Shortbow
            > > (Composite). PCGen kept telling me I needed to customize the item
            > > first. I tried to customize it to a size small but it then would
            not
            > > allow me to add the Shortbow (Composite/Short). It also told me I
            > > had to customize the item first.
            > >
            > > Any ideas what could be causing this? Or has this already been
            > > brought up?
            > >
            > Its the strength mod that needs to be added. It's been discussed
            before, but
            > no fix has been put in yet. If you select a strength level, all is
            fine.

            > Cheers,
            > James Dempsey
            > JDempsey@a...
            > PCGEN Code Monkey
          • Thomas Clegg
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2004
              What about this?

              Since the composite bows (longbow and shortbow) in the books and
              RSRD defaults to a STR mod of +0, remove the requirement of an eq
              mod for it and just let it get customized if someone wants a bow
              with a larger STR mod?

              Tom

              > Its the strength mod that needs to be added. It's been discussed
              before, but
              > no fix has been put in yet. If you select a strength level, all is
              fine.

              > Cheers,
              > James Dempsey
              > JDempsey@a...
              > PCGEN Code Monkey
            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 2, 2004
                Hi Thomas,

                Yep, that's pretty much exactly what I did, tested and posted the results of
                in the later discussion. That approach does work properly.

                James Dempsey
                JDempsey@...
                PCGEN Code Monkey