Fix for Stone of Good Luck

  • Andrew Wardell
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 1, 2004
      I found a LST file fix for the problem with skill bonuses doubling
      from a Stone of Good Luck.

      In rsrd_equip_wondrousitems.lst, change the following in the Stone of
      Good Luck entry:

      BONUS:SKILL|List, ALL|1|TYPE=Luck
      BONUS:SKILL|ALL|1|TYPE=Luck

      Is this something that can be corrected in the LST file for the next
      release? (If not, it is at least a workaround for people willing to
      edit the LST files themselves)

      Andrew Wardell
      andrew.wardell@...
    • Andrew Wardell
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 15, 2004
        Both of these have been around for a while. They aren't trackered,
        and still exist in RC2. If these aren't being caused by something
        I'm doing wrong, I'd like to get trackers entered for them.

        1) The PCC: Tag is not being processed at all. No error is
        generated, the tag is simply ignored.

        I want to use the following tag:
        PCC:@/data/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd.pcc
        to load in the RSRD within my campaign PCC file. I want to do it
        this way rather than just loading the SRD so that I can use EXCLUDE:
        to omit parts that I don't use (Psionics, in particular)

        2) The REQSKILL: Tag is not correctly processed. The following line:

        REQSKILL:Bluff|Diplomacy|Hide|Intimidate|Jump|Listen|Sense
        Motive|Spot

        throws this error in the Debug Console:

        ERROR:file:/C:/Program Files/RPG
        Utilities/PCGen560RC2/data/customsources/Bluff
        Exception type:java.io.FileNotFoundException
        Message:C:\Program Files\RPG
        Utilities\PCGen560RC2\data\customsources\Bluff (The system cannot
        find the file specified)

        At one time, the REQSKILL: tag would force the display of skills on
        output sheets, even if "Skills w/ranks only" was chosen in the
        Preferences dialog.

        It's possible this functionality was intentionally removed. The
        documentation for REQSKILL says that skills in it "will be
        automatically included on any character as if the skill had the REQ
        tag (see skill.lst for details)". However, I can find no
        documentation of the REQ tag.

        Andrew Wardell
        andrew.wardell@...
      • Andrew Wardell
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 15, 2004
          I haven't seen any other mention of this, so I'm not sure if it is
          something specific to my system.

          functionality.
          If I attempt to customize a Scroll or Wand, the customizer dialog on
          has the Add Type option. I no longer get the Spell dialog that I
          normally expect to see.

          Andrew Wardell
          andrew.wardell@...
        • Sigurdur H. Olafsson
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 16, 2004
            Bump.
            What about theses tags (REQ, REQSKILL), are they deprecated?
            Either way the docs have to be updated.

            Siggy - Doc Chimp.

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Wardell" <andrew.wardell@v...>
            wrote:
            > Both of these have been around for a while. They aren't
            trackered,
            > and still exist in RC2. If these aren't being caused by something
            > I'm doing wrong, I'd like to get trackers entered for them.
            >
            > 1) The PCC: Tag is not being processed at all. No error is
            > generated, the tag is simply ignored.
            >
            > I want to use the following tag:
            > PCC:@/data/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd.pcc
            > to load in the RSRD within my campaign PCC file. I want to do it
            > this way rather than just loading the SRD so that I can use
            EXCLUDE:
            > to omit parts that I don't use (Psionics, in particular)
            >
            > 2) The REQSKILL: Tag is not correctly processed. The following
            line:

            > REQSKILL:Bluff|Diplomacy|Hide|Intimidate|Jump|Listen|Sense
            > Motive|Spot
            >
            > throws this error in the Debug Console:
            >
            > ERROR:file:/C:/Program Files/RPG
            > Utilities/PCGen560RC2/data/customsources/Bluff
            > Exception type:java.io.FileNotFoundException
            > Message:C:\Program Files\RPG
            > Utilities\PCGen560RC2\data\customsources\Bluff (The system cannot
            > find the file specified)
            >
            > At one time, the REQSKILL: tag would force the display of skills
            on
            > output sheets, even if "Skills w/ranks only" was chosen in the
            > Preferences dialog.
            >
            > It's possible this functionality was intentionally removed. The
            > documentation for REQSKILL says that skills in it "will be
            > automatically included on any character as if the skill had the
            REQ
            > tag (see skill.lst for details)". However, I can find no
            > documentation of the REQ tag.
            >

            > Andrew Wardell
            > andrew.wardell@v...
          • Sigurdur H. Olafsson
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 19, 2004
              Double bump, no takers??
              Tracker
              [ 900773 ] REQ and REQSKILL documentation

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Sigurdur H. Olafsson" <here@h...>