RE: [pcgen] Re: BUG with Pouch (Belt)

  • God
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 1, 2004
      > Doing so would slow the program down to a crawl, unfortunately. The
      > code monkeys have done a LOT of optimizing to get PCGen working at
      > practical speeds, it wouldn't be acceptable to most users to have it
      > slow down again just to fix a bug like this one. I know I wouldn't.

      PCGen is already very slow. But who can explain me, why it is so slow?
      I have Dual Xeon 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM and I start PCGen with
      java -jar -Xms256m -Xmx512m pcgen.jar
      which helps only a little. I'm also a programmer and I have to
      work with tens of thousands of objects. And it is fast.
      Is the design of PCGen so crappy? Or is ist Java?

      Marc
    • Sigurdur H. Olafsson
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 1, 2004
        A little on user friendlyness here.
        Would it be possible to make Name the default for "Sort Equipment" on
        the Equipping? (Instead of Type)

        I think it is the view that makes the most sense for this tab, it
        gives you the best overview of the stuff you have already purchased
        under the Gear tab.