Fwd: (bug?) help with loading a source (console debug inlcuded - long)

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 30, 2003
      x-posting here as well.

      <paulking.rhochi@v...> wrote:
      Did something break in 5.5.5, or am I doing things to wacky for
      words? I didn't have problems loading stuff before.

      Here's my *.pcc:

      CAMPAIGN:Legends of Excalibur - A Knight's Handbook
      GAMEMODE:LoE
      RANK:2
      TYPE:RPG Objects.Legends of Excalibur
      SOURCELONG:Legends of Excalibur - A Knight's Handbook
      SOURCESHORT:Knight's HB
      SOURCEWEB:http://www.rpgobjects.com/index.php?page=ex
      ISOGL:YES
      COPYRIGHT:Open Game License v 1.0 Copyright 2000, Wizards of the
      Coast, Inc.
      COPYRIGHT:System Reference Document Copyright 2000-2003, Wizards of
      the Coast, Inc.; Authors Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams,
      Rich baker, Andy Collins, David noonan, Rich Redman, Bruce R.
      Cordell, based on original material by E. Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson
      COPYRIGHT:Legends of Excalibur Copyright 2003, RPGObjectes, Author
      Charles Rice
      COPYRIGHT:PCGen dataset conversion for Legends of Excalibur: Knight's
      Handbook Copyright 2003, PCgen Data team (Including, but not limited
      to Paul W. King)

      # RSRD files that are included
      CLASS:@/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_classes_base.lst|
      (INCLUDE:Barbarian|Bard|Druid|Fighter|Rogue)
      CLASS:@/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_classes_prestige.lst|(INCLUDE:Arcane
      Trickster|Assassin)
      COMPANIONMOD:@/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_companionmods.lst
      FEAT:@/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_feats.lst
      FEAT:@/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_feats_hidden.lst(INCLUDE:Evasion|Improved
      Evasion|Uncanny Dodge|Improved Uncanny Dodge|Trap Sense|Sneak
      Attack|Negative Levels|Rage|Bardic Knowledge|Bardic Music)
      FEAT:@/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_feats_hidden2.lst(INCLUDE:Crippling
      Strike|Defensive Roll|Opportunist|Slippery Mind|Rogue Bonus
      Feat|Skill Mastery)
      EQUIPMENT:@/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_equip_armorshields.lst
      EQUIPMENT:@/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_equip_coinsgems.lst
      EQUIPMENT:@/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_equip.lst
      EQUIPMENT:@/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_equip_weap_ammo.lst
      EQUIPMENT:@/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_equip_weap_melee.lst
      EQUIPMENT:@/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_equip_weap_ranged.lst
      RACE:@/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_races__animals.lst|
      (INCLUDE:Bat|Cat|Hawk|Owl|Rat|Raven|Snake (Tiny)|Toad|Weasel)
      RACE:@/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_races__animals.lst|(INCLUDE:Dog (Riding)
      |Donkey|Horse (Heavy)|Horse (Light)|Horse (Heavy War)|Horse (Light
      War)|Mule|Pony|Pony (War))
      SKILL:@/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_skills.lst
      SPELL:@/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_spells.lst
      WEAPONPROF:@/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_weaponprofs.lst

      # Knight's Handbook files
      CLASS:knightshb_classes_base.lst
      CLASS:knightshb_classes_prestige.lst
      COMPANIONMOD:knightshb_companionmods.lst
      FEAT:knightshb_feats.lst
      LANGUAGE:knightshb_languages.lst
      RACE:knightshb_bloodlines.lst
      RACE:knightshb_races__animals.lst
      SKILL:knightshb_skills.lst
      SPELL:knightshb_spells.lst
      TEMPLATE:knightshb_nationalities.lst
      TEMPLATE:knightshb_templates.lst

      And here's the console debug

      -- listing properties --
      java.runtime.name=Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Stand...
      sun.boot.library.path=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1_01\bin
      java.vm.version=1.4.1_01-b01
      java.vm.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
      java.vendor.url=http://java.sun.com/
      path.separator=;
      java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
      file.encoding.pkg=sun.io
      user.country=US
      sun.os.patch.level=Service Pack 4
      java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification
      user.dir=C:\stuff\pcgen 5-5-5
      java.runtime.version=1.4.1_01-b01
      java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment
      java.endorsed.dirs=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1_01\li...
      os.arch=x86
      java.io.tmpdir=C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\
      line.separator=

      java.vm.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
      user.variant=
      os.name=Windows 2000
      sun.java2d.fontpath=
      java.library.path=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1_01\bi...
      java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification
      java.class.version=48.0
      java.util.prefs.PreferencesFactory=java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferencesF
      ac...
      os.version=5.0
      user.home=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator
      user.timezone=
      java.awt.printerjob=sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob
      file.encoding=Cp1252
      java.specification.version=1.4
      user.name=paereeng64
      java.class.path=C:\stuff\pcgen 5-5-5\pcgen.jar
      java.vm.specification.version=1.0
      sun.arch.data.model=32
      java.home=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1_01
      java.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
      user.language=en
      awt.toolkit=sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
      java.vm.info=mixed mode
      java.version=1.4.1_01
      java.ext.dirs=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1_01\li...
      sun.boot.class.path=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1_01\li...
      java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
      file.separator=\
      java.vendor.url.bug=http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport...
      sun.cpu.endian=little
      sun.io.unicode.encoding=UnicodeLittle
      sun.cpu.isalist=pentium i486 i386
      PCGen version:5.5.5
      Unknown tag 'TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE:Dark Heritage template' in
      file:/C:/stuff/pcgen 5-5-5/data/knightshb/knightshb_feats.lst
      ERROR:file:/C:/stuff/pcgen 5-5-
      5/data/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_feats_hidden.lst(INCLUDE:Evasion
      Exception type:java.io.FileNotFoundException
      Message:C:\stuff\pcgen 5-5-5\data\d20ogl\srd35\rsrd_feats_hidden.lst
      (INCLUDE:Evasion (The filename, directory name, or volume label
      syntax is incorrect)
      ERROR:file:/C:/stuff/pcgen 5-5-
      5/data/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_feats_hidden2.lst(INCLUDE:Crippling Strike
      Exception type:java.io.FileNotFoundException
      Message:C:\stuff\pcgen 5-5-5\data\d20ogl\srd35\rsrd_feats_hidden2.lst
      (INCLUDE:Crippling Strike (The filename, directory name, or volume
      label syntax is incorrect)
      Cannot apply .MOD; PObject 'Snake (Tiny)' not found.
      Cannot apply .MOD; PObject 'Dog (Riding)' not found.
      Cannot apply .MOD; PObject 'Donkey' not found.
      Cannot apply .MOD; PObject 'Horse (Heavy)' not found.
      Cannot apply .MOD; PObject 'Horse (Light)' not found.
      Cannot apply .MOD; PObject 'Horse (Heavy War)' not found.
      Cannot apply .MOD; PObject 'Horse (Light War)' not found.
      Cannot apply .MOD; PObject 'Mule' not found.
      Cannot apply .MOD; PObject 'Pony' not found.
      Cannot apply .MOD; PObject 'Pony (War)' not found.
      SPECIALS in class files is now deprecated, please use feats instead.
      SPECIALS in class files is now deprecated, please use feats instead.
      java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of
      range: -7
      at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.PObjectLoader.parseSource
      (PObjectLoader.java:68)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.PObjectLoader.parseSTagLevel
      (PObjectLoader.java:519)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.PObjectLoader.parseTagLevel
      (PObjectLoader.java:159)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.PCClassLoader.parseLine
      (PCClassLoader.java:390)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.loadLstFile
      (LstObjectFileLoader.java:296)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.loadLstFiles
      (LstObjectFileLoader.java:158)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstSystemLoader.loadCampaigns
      (LstSystemLoader.java:502)
      at pcgen.persistence.PersistenceManager.loadCampaigns
      (PersistenceManager.java:100)
      at pcgen.gui.MainSource.loadCampaigns(MainSource.java:1009)
      at pcgen.gui.MainSource.loadCampaigns_actionPerformed
      (MainSource.java:904)
      at pcgen.gui.MainSource.access$200(MainSource.java:106)
      at pcgen.gui.MainSource$2.actionPerformed(MainSource.java:326)
      at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed
      (Unknown Source)
      at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
      Source)
      at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased
      (Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown
      Source)
      at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown
      Source)
      at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown
      Source)
      at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent
      (PCGen_Frame1.java:2639)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy
      (Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy
      (Unknown Source)
      --- End forwarded message ---
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2004
        Well, I found out what was throwing errors...had a semi-colon
        instead of a colon in one of my classes.
      • God
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2004
          Would it be possible to right click on a item in the
          equipment and add a information to it which prints out
          also to the outputsheet? I find it not very easy to
          keep track of informations of items in the character
          notes.

          Marc
        • Jayme Cox
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2004
            God wrote:
            > Would it be possible to right click on a item in the
            > equipment and add a information to it which prints out
            > also to the outputsheet? I find it not very easy to
            > keep track of informations of items in the character
            > notes.

            You can add notes from the Equipping tab. Simply right click an item
            that has been added to an equipset.
          • God
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 1, 2004
              > > Would it be possible to right click on a item in the
              > > equipment and add a information to it which prints out
              > > also to the outputsheet? I find it not very easy to
              > > keep track of informations of items in the character
              > > notes.
              >
              > You can add notes from the Equipping tab. Simply right click an item
              > that has been added to an equipset.

              Thank you. Haven't seen this.
              But the information isn't printed on the outputsheet.
              Can I change the outputsheet or is it a problem within PCGen?

              Marc