Can't load my campaign files any longer...

  • Eric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hi everyone,

      I've updated PCGEN for the CVS HEAD and recompile them with "ant clean build".

      When I try to load my campaign .lst files, I the following (these files loaded properly yesterday and are still loading properly with 5.41).

      java.lang.ClassCastException
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.loadLstFiles(LstObjectFileLoader.java:135)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstSystemLoader.loadCampaigns(LstSystemLoader.java:516)
      at pcgen.persistence.PersistenceManager.loadCampaigns(PersistenceManager.java:100)
      at pcgen.gui.MainSource.loadCampaigns(MainSource.java:1008)
      at pcgen.gui.MainSource.loadCampaigns_actionPerformed(MainSource.java:903)
      at pcgen.gui.MainSource.access$200(MainSource.java:105)
      at pcgen.gui.MainSource$2.actionPerformed(MainSource.java:325)
      at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1764)
      at javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1817)
      at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:419)
      at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:257)
      at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:245)
      at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:228)
      at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5134)
      at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3639)
      at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1623)
      at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:3450)
      at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3165)
      at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3095)
      at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1609)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:197)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:144)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:136)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:99)

      TIA

      Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin (hiding in the trench)
      >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
      <mailto:beaudoer@...>
    • Jayme Cox
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2003
        Eric Beaudoin wrote:

        > java.lang.ClassCastException
        > at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.loadLstFiles(LstObjectFileLoader.java:135)

        Since you seem to keep having this problem, I've put in an 'instanceof'
        check before the cast, so it won't crash on you anymore.

        It's probably one of your Language.lst files
      • God
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2003
          I always thought, that does 2 items doesn't stack. Or better, only the
          higher bonus counts. I'm I wrong or? I made a character with both items
          and they stack.

          Marc
        • GamerMan12
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 2, 2003
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "God" <cosmos3000@g...> wrote:

            > I always thought, that does 2 items doesn't stack. Or better, only
            the
            > higher bonus counts. I'm I wrong or? I made a character with both
            items
            > and they stack.
            >
            > Marc

            Different types of bonuses will always stack, the ring of protection
            is a deflection bonus and the magic armor is an enhancement bonus.
            Armor and Shield bonuses, Dodge bonuses, most circumstance bonuses
            and unnamed bonuses (if any are still left) are the only ones which
            do stack.

            GM12
          • God
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 2, 2003
              > Different types of bonuses will always stack, the ring of protection
              > is a deflection bonus and the magic armor is an enhancement bonus.
              > Armor and Shield bonuses, Dodge bonuses, most circumstance bonuses
              > and unnamed bonuses (if any are still left) are the only ones which
              > do stack.

              Thank you for clarifying this.

              Marc
            • giliath01
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 2, 2003
                More importantly though, the magic armor's +1 is an enhancement bonus
                that applies to the armor.

                So even though Leather +1 and a Shield +1 each have an enhancement
                bonus, the Leather +1 provides a total armor bonus of +3 to the user
                and the Shield +1 provides a total shield bonus of +3 to the user.

                ~Giliath

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "God" <cosmos3000@g...> wrote:
                > > Different types of bonuses will always stack, the ring of protection
                > > is a deflection bonus and the magic armor is an enhancement bonus.
                > > Armor and Shield bonuses, Dodge bonuses, most circumstance bonuses
                > > and unnamed bonuses (if any are still left) are the only ones which
                > > do stack.
                >
                > Thank you for clarifying this.
                >
                > Marc
              • Eric Beaudoin
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 2, 2003
                  At 02:09 2003.12.02, Jayme Cox wrote:
                  >Eric Beaudoin wrote:
                  >
                  >> java.lang.ClassCastException
                  >> at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.loadLstFiles(LstObjectFileLoader.java:135)
                  >
                  >Since you seem to keep having this problem, I've put in an 'instanceof'
                  >check before the cast, so it won't crash on you anymore.
                  >
                  >It's probably one of your Language.lst files

                  Thanks Jayme, I'll update and check.

                  I must say though that it is the first time I have this problem. All the other times, my problem were with a .PCG (loading it or saving it). Not, it's loading the .lst files that go boom in the night.

                  Éric Beaudoin <mailto:beaudoer@...>
                • James Dempsey
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 3, 2003
                    Hi Eric,

                    This was another problem with custom files - languages, feats and races this
                    time. They were fixed last night so you should see them when you load.

                    James Dempsey
                    JDempsey@...
                    PCGEN Code Monkey

                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 3, 2003
                      At 16:58 2003.12.03, James Dempsey wrote:
                      >Hi Eric,
                      >
                      >This was another problem with custom files - languages, feats and races this
                      >time. They were fixed last night so you should see them when you load.
                      >
                      >Cheers,
                      >James Dempsey
                      >JDempsey@...
                      >PCGEN Code Monkey

                      I just tried and everything loads fine (including my PC). Thanks :-).

                      Now, it appears that there is a STAT and/or a PREREQ problem that Jayme is workind on. At least I know it's not me.