RE: [pcgen] RE: Turn Undead (was New file uploaded to pcgen)

  • Eric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 2519 , Dec 1, 2003
      At 17:53 2003.12.01, Jayme Cox wrote:
      >> Hi Jayme, I just want to point out that in order to follow
      >> the usual production .lst standard, these should be:
      >>
      >> BONUS:VAR|TurnLevel|CL DEFINE:TurnLevel|0
      >> BONUS:VAR|TurnUndead|3+CHA DEFINE:TurnUndead|0
      >> BONUS:VAR|TurnCheck|CHA DEFINE:TurnCheck|0
      >> BONUS:VAR|TurnDieNumber|2 DEFINE:TurnDieNumber|0
      >> BONUS:VAR|TurnDieSize|6 DEFINE:TurnDieSize|0
      >> BONUS:VAR|TurnDamage|CL+CHA DEFINE:TurnDamage|0
      >>
      >> In short, the DEFINE tag are used only with 0 and all the
      >> formulas go in the BONUS:VAR tags. Experience has shown us
      >> that it is easier to maintain if we are looking at only one
      >> tag for the formulas.
      >
      >The problem is that Clerics, Paladins, etc all have the Turn Undead class
      >ability. If you use TYPEless bonuses, all the BONUS values will stack and you
      >will have incorrect turn undead for multiclass Paladin/Clerics,
      >Blackguard/Clerics, etc because of stacking issues.
      >
      >The only way to have the 'TurnDamage' variable work except through a DEFINE that
      >is NOT zero is to break it into two separate BONUS tags:
      >
      >BONUS:VAR|TurnDamage|CHA|TYPE=Class
      >BONUS:VAR|TurnDamage|CL
      >
      >Because you want the class levels to stack, but not the CHA bonus.
      >
      >Since all the values are defined in the Hidden feat anyway, I think we should
      >just remove all the unecessary BONUS and DEFINE entries and use this:
      >
      >BONUS:VAR|TurnLevel|CL
      >BONUS:VAR|TurnDamage|CL

      As long as you do not put find a solution with no formulas in the DEFINE, I'm happy.

      If you really have no other way to solve the problem, ignore the style rules.

      √Čric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin (hiding in the trench)
      <mailto:beaudoer@...>
    • pcgen@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2519 of 2519 , Jul 1, 2011
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the pcgen
        group.

        File : /PCGen_GenCon_2011_v2.iso.torrent
        Uploaded by : nylanfs <nylanfs@...>
        Description : PCGen GenCon 2011 torrent file v2

        You can access this file at the URL:

        Regards,

        nylanfs <nylanfs@...>