RE: [pcgen] RE: Turn Undead (was New file uploaded to pcgen)

  • Jayme Cox
    Message 1 of 2519 , Dec 1, 2003
      > Hi Jayme, I just want to point out that in order to follow
      > the usual production .lst standard, these should be:
      >
      > BONUS:VAR|TurnLevel|CL DEFINE:TurnLevel|0
      > BONUS:VAR|TurnUndead|3+CHA DEFINE:TurnUndead|0
      > BONUS:VAR|TurnCheck|CHA DEFINE:TurnCheck|0
      > BONUS:VAR|TurnDieNumber|2 DEFINE:TurnDieNumber|0
      > BONUS:VAR|TurnDieSize|6 DEFINE:TurnDieSize|0
      > BONUS:VAR|TurnDamage|CL+CHA DEFINE:TurnDamage|0
      >
      > In short, the DEFINE tag are used only with 0 and all the
      > formulas go in the BONUS:VAR tags. Experience has shown us
      > that it is easier to maintain if we are looking at only one
      > tag for the formulas.

      The problem is that Clerics, Paladins, etc all have the Turn Undead class
      ability. If you use TYPEless bonuses, all the BONUS values will stack and you
      will have incorrect turn undead for multiclass Paladin/Clerics,
      Blackguard/Clerics, etc because of stacking issues.

      The only way to have the 'TurnDamage' variable work except through a DEFINE that
      is NOT zero is to break it into two separate BONUS tags:

      BONUS:VAR|TurnDamage|CHA|TYPE=Class
      BONUS:VAR|TurnDamage|CL

      Because you want the class levels to stack, but not the CHA bonus.

      Since all the values are defined in the Hidden feat anyway, I think we should
      just remove all the unecessary BONUS and DEFINE entries and use this:

      BONUS:VAR|TurnLevel|CL
      BONUS:VAR|TurnDamage|CL
    • pcgen@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2519 of 2519 , Jul 1, 2011
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the pcgen
        group.

        File : /PCGen_GenCon_2011_v2.iso.torrent
        Uploaded by : nylanfs <nylanfs@...>
        Description : PCGen GenCon 2011 torrent file v2

        You can access this file at the URL:

        Regards,

        nylanfs <nylanfs@...>