RE: [pcgen] Re: [BoD Report]

  • Charbeneau, Chuck
    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 1, 2003
      How about this:

      It's about business. Monte wants culpability if the data _is_ used against
      his intent, and if a business (ie. CMP) is the one distributing it, he has a
      course of action. If it's PCGen, who does he have action against?

      No one.

      A business (Even Monte's) likes to work with other, real entities, not an
      amorphous mass of people that sometimes work on a web based collaborative
      project (namely, PCGen).

      It's a study of the (mis)use of the commons and it's use in IP. You are
      still getting your content, Monte feels better because he has a name and
      address to a "brick and mortar" company to send his complaints if his IP is
      mishandled, and CMP, as an LLC, (re)moves the power of litigation to a
      business environment.

      Monte is protected, you are protected, and it's all behind/because of CMP.

      Now, on to other, recently read threads:

      - "Who is interested in working on IP that a company (that has lawyers) has
      stated it doesn't want distributed except through controlled channels (who
      have lawyers)?"

      Urm...erm...

      What are you, some kind of moron?

      - "CMP is evil cuz they won't let me have it exactly the way I want
      it!!?!!" *whine*whine*whimper*whine*

      Yes, and there was a magic bullet, four guys on the grassy knoll, we never
      landed on the moon, and Merton has a raging case of herpes.

      Chuck "cacharbe" Charbeneau (ccharbeneau at lear.com)
      - Slacker Monkey
      - CMP Code Monkey
      - Going cold turkey off of Caffeine today, and firing on all cylinders

      **********************
      ** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
      **********************

      This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
      legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
      information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
      or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
      this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
      hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
      or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
      prohibited. If you have received this message in
      error, please immediately notify the sender and
      delete this E-mail message from your computer.
    • Keith Davies
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 3, 2003
        On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 02:48:13PM -0500, Charbeneau, Chuck wrote:

        > I can stop drinking (alcohol, Caffeine, whatever...) anytime I want.

        I dunno. It sounds like you've got a dihydrogen monoxide
        (http://www.dhmo.org) dependency; that could be a challenge.

        Keith
        --
        Keith Davies "Your ability to bang your head against
        keith.davies@... reality in the hope that reality will