RE: [pcgen] Re: [BoD Report]

  • Brass Tilde
    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 1, 2003
      > > My biggest concern with this is that this is where people are
      > > seeing that grey line between PCGen and CMP.
      > > We (PCGen) are not distributing something OGL that we could be
      > > distributing for free and CMP is distributing that same content
      > > for a fee.

      > So what do you propose? That PCGen include something against the
      > publishers wishes?

      I suspect that's *exactly* what some of the posters on this subject *do*
      want. (and I'm *not* refering to any of the individuals who've recently
      posted in the most civil and reasonable way about the subject) They see the
      failure to do so as the overwhelmingly CMP-sympathetic BoD[1] acting as
      CMP's sop, pushing business their way. All the protestations of "making
      nice with the publisher" and "good relations for the sake of future
      cooperation" are just convenient excuses to feed the greedy "traitors to the
      PCGen community" that make up CMP. It is, of course, CMP's master plan to
      make *all* the sources included with PCGen into permissioned only sources,
      so that CMP can charge for them, even though everybody already owns them and
      should be able to get them for free anywhere they want in any form they
      want.

      [1]Please note: large portions of this note are in the form of sarcasm, an
      obscure, oftimes misunderstood form of humor. For those who understand it,
      no explanation is necessary, for those who don't, none is sufficient. I
      sincerely apologize to those who don't understand it, but I shan't try to
      explain. I also apologize to those who will be maligned by those who don't
      understand it.
    • Keith Davies
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 3, 2003
        On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 02:48:13PM -0500, Charbeneau, Chuck wrote:

        > I can stop drinking (alcohol, Caffeine, whatever...) anytime I want.

        I dunno. It sounds like you've got a dihydrogen monoxide
        (http://www.dhmo.org) dependency; that could be a challenge.

        Keith
        --
        Keith Davies "Your ability to bang your head against
        keith.davies@... reality in the hope that reality will