Re: [BoD Report]

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 1, 2003
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gilroy <sgilroy2@w...> wrote:
      > My biggest concern with this is that this is where people are
      seeing
      > that grey line between PCGen and CMP.
      > We (PCGen) are not distributing something OGL that we could be
      > distributing for free and CMP is distributing that same content
      for a fee.
      > Let me re-iterate the fact that I know that CMP and PCGen are
      completely
      > seperate entities...but this is one of the areas that make some
      people
      > doubt that.

      So what do you propose? That PCGen include something against the
      publishers wishes? It has been standard policy in PCGen for a long
      time - far in advance of any inkling of forming CMP - to respect the
      publisher's wishes. As Ian states in another post on this thread,
      if we don't respect a publisher's wishes, they'll be less likely to
      give us permission for other items that *do* require permission
      (i.e. closed content). So being courteous is not only the
      respectful thing to do, it's also the most beneficial course in the
      long run.

      -Bryan
    • Keith Davies
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 3, 2003
        On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 02:48:13PM -0500, Charbeneau, Chuck wrote:

        > I can stop drinking (alcohol, Caffeine, whatever...) anytime I want.

        I dunno. It sounds like you've got a dihydrogen monoxide
        (http://www.dhmo.org) dependency; that could be a challenge.

        Keith
        --
        Keith Davies "Your ability to bang your head against
        keith.davies@... reality in the hope that reality will