Re: [pcgen] Re: [BoD Report]

  • Michael Tucker
    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 1, 2003
      (replying to myself... sorry)

      More thoughts:

      Steven, as an individual you are of course free to do whatever you
      want. You can publish the OGL material from the Cooks if you wish (on
      your own web site, for example). The Cooks probably won't like you for
      doing that, but you may not care whether they like you or not.

      The directors of PCGen (Bryan, et al), *do* care, though. They want the
      industry to like them, respect them, and trust them to be good partners
      to them. This leads to more cooperation on down the line, when for
      example they publish sources that would otherwise be closed to the
      community.

      Your mileage may vary. :-)

      Java Kensai

      On Monday, December 1, 2003, at 08:38 AM, Michael Tucker wrote:

      > Technically, you're right, Steven. But you're not listening to what
      > Paul is saying (and what Bryan, etc., have said many times before). If
      > a publisher asks the folks at PCGen to please not include their
      > material, EVEN IF IT'S OGL, the nice folks at PCGen honor their wishes,
      > EVEN IF THEY DON'T LEGALLY HAVE TO, just because they're nice folks and
      > they're trying to be seen by the industry as such.
      >
      > Yours,
      > Java Kensai
      >
      > On Monday, December 1, 2003, at 08:28 AM, Steven Gilroy wrote:
      >
      >> But didn't they give up the right to say "No you can't include this"
      >> when they published the book under the OGL?

      >>> Because the Cooks wish PCGen to not include it. PCGen, as a polcy,
      >>> follows the wishes of the publishers. If a publisher does not want
      >>> the item(s) in question to be included, then we don't.
      >>>
      >>> Paul W. King
      >>> OGL SB and BoD

      > ---------------------~-->
      > Canada.
      > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/9rHolB/TM

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Keith Davies
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 3, 2003
        On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 02:48:13PM -0500, Charbeneau, Chuck wrote:

        > I can stop drinking (alcohol, Caffeine, whatever...) anytime I want.

        I dunno. It sounds like you've got a dihydrogen monoxide
        (http://www.dhmo.org) dependency; that could be a challenge.

        Keith
        --
        Keith Davies "Your ability to bang your head against
        keith.davies@... reality in the hope that reality will