Re: [BoD Report]

  • Ian Dale
    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 1, 2003
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gilroy <sgilroy2@w...> wrote:
      > But didn't they give up the right to say "No you can't include this"
      > when they published the book under the OGL?

      While it's technically legal for PCGen to include OGL sources, the
      publishers are contacted and asked for their permissions as a
      courtesy. While PCGen COULD include these sort of sources without
      asking (or by going against what the publisher requested), it doesn't
      exactly foster goodwill with them, and when it came time to request
      permission for a closed source, you can bet that they'd not be
      allowing PCGen the right to distribute that source.

      Many things are legal, but that doesn't make them "right". :)

      -Ian
    • Keith Davies
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 3, 2003
        On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 02:48:13PM -0500, Charbeneau, Chuck wrote:

        > I can stop drinking (alcohol, Caffeine, whatever...) anytime I want.

        I dunno. It sounds like you've got a dihydrogen monoxide
        (http://www.dhmo.org) dependency; that could be a challenge.

        Keith
        --
        Keith Davies "Your ability to bang your head against
        keith.davies@... reality in the hope that reality will