Re: [pcgen] Re: [BoD Report]

  • Michael Tucker
    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 1, 2003
      Technically, you're right, Steven. But you're not listening to what
      Paul is saying (and what Bryan, etc., have said many times before). If
      a publisher asks the folks at PCGen to please not include their
      material, EVEN IF IT'S OGL, the nice folks at PCGen honor their wishes,
      EVEN IF THEY DON'T LEGALLY HAVE TO, just because they're nice folks and
      they're trying to be seen by the industry as such.

      Yours,
      Java Kensai

      On Monday, December 1, 2003, at 08:28 AM, Steven Gilroy wrote:

      > But didn't they give up the right to say "No you can't include this"
      > when they published the book under the OGL?
      >
      > Paul W. King wrote:
      >
      >>> AU was published as OGC...why can't we include it?
      >>>

      >> Because the Cooks wish PCGen to not include it. PCGen, as a polcy,
      >> follows the wishes of the publishers. If a publisher does not want
      >> the item(s) in question to be included, then we don't.
      >>
      >> Paul W. King
      >> OGL SB and BoD

    • Keith Davies
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 3, 2003
        On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 02:48:13PM -0500, Charbeneau, Chuck wrote:

        > I can stop drinking (alcohol, Caffeine, whatever...) anytime I want.

        I dunno. It sounds like you've got a dihydrogen monoxide
        (http://www.dhmo.org) dependency; that could be a challenge.

        Keith
        --
        Keith Davies "Your ability to bang your head against
        keith.davies@... reality in the hope that reality will