Re: [pcgen] Visible templates

  • Eric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003
      At 22:31 2003.11.30, Eddy Anthony wrote:
      >Eric
      > I would love to be able to run prettylst but have been unsuccessful so
      >far. I'm on a Mac running OS X, I use Bbedit for editing list files. Bbedit
      >has support for scripting and Mac supports perl. I've downloaded the
      >Balanced.pm file but I'm not sure where to put it. You are probably on a PC
      >and won't know where things go on a mac but any suggestions would be
      >appreciated

      If you already have Perl installed, most of the work is done.

      In your Perl directory, locate the direcotory "site/lib/Text". Put the Balanced.pm file in there and everything should work fine.

      OS X is a BSD I think so you should have access to a shell. You can see the script documentation by running

      perl prettylst.pl -man

      The most commun way to use it is

      Hope that helps. If you still have problems, let me know.

      √Čric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin (hiding in the trench)
      >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
      <mailto:beaudoer@...>
    • Jayme Cox
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003
        Eddy Anthony wrote:

        > My brain getting in the way again, I spelled Visible VISABLE, D'oh!
        > Funny thing though, PCGen just ignored it and didn't throw up the illegal
        > tag warning.

        I'd suggest you run the PCGen application from a shell prompt, that way
        you can always see the errors that are printed.