Re: [pcgen] Visible templates

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003
      I flubbed the VISIBLE tag, it works, but the REMOVABLE:NO does not seem to
      work. If a template is visible will that override the REMOVABLE tag?

      --
      ~ Eddy
      ~ Doc Chimp
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003
        At 22:31 2003.11.30, Eddy Anthony wrote:
        >Eric
        > I would love to be able to run prettylst but have been unsuccessful so
        >far. I'm on a Mac running OS X, I use Bbedit for editing list files. Bbedit
        >has support for scripting and Mac supports perl. I've downloaded the
        >Balanced.pm file but I'm not sure where to put it. You are probably on a PC
        >and won't know where things go on a mac but any suggestions would be
        >appreciated

        If you already have Perl installed, most of the work is done.

        In your Perl directory, locate the direcotory "site/lib/Text". Put the Balanced.pm file in there and everything should work fine.

        OS X is a BSD I think so you should have access to a shell. You can see the script documentation by running

        perl prettylst.pl -man

        The most commun way to use it is

        Hope that helps. If you still have problems, let me know.

        √Čric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin (hiding in the trench)
        >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
        <mailto:beaudoer@...>
      • Jayme Cox
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003
          Eddy Anthony wrote:

          > My brain getting in the way again, I spelled Visible VISABLE, D'oh!
          > Funny thing though, PCGen just ignored it and didn't throw up the illegal
          > tag warning.

          I'd suggest you run the PCGen application from a shell prompt, that way
          you can always see the errors that are printed.