Re: [pcgen] Visible templates

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003
      Eric
      I would love to be able to run prettylst but have been unsuccessful so
      far. I'm on a Mac running OS X, I use Bbedit for editing list files. Bbedit
      has support for scripting and Mac supports perl. I've downloaded the
      Balanced.pm file but I'm not sure where to put it. You are probably on a PC
      and won't know where things go on a mac but any suggestions would be
      appreciated
      --
      ~ Eddy
      ~ Doc Chimp
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003
        I flubbed the VISIBLE tag, it works, but the REMOVABLE:NO does not seem to
        work. If a template is visible will that override the REMOVABLE tag?

        --
        ~ Eddy
        ~ Doc Chimp
        ~ PCGen BoD Documentation Second
      • Eric Beaudoin
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003
          At 22:31 2003.11.30, Eddy Anthony wrote:
          >Eric
          > I would love to be able to run prettylst but have been unsuccessful so
          >far. I'm on a Mac running OS X, I use Bbedit for editing list files. Bbedit
          >has support for scripting and Mac supports perl. I've downloaded the
          >Balanced.pm file but I'm not sure where to put it. You are probably on a PC
          >and won't know where things go on a mac but any suggestions would be
          >appreciated

          If you already have Perl installed, most of the work is done.

          In your Perl directory, locate the direcotory "site/lib/Text". Put the Balanced.pm file in there and everything should work fine.

          OS X is a BSD I think so you should have access to a shell. You can see the script documentation by running

          perl prettylst.pl -man

          The most commun way to use it is

          Hope that helps. If you still have problems, let me know.

          √Čric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin (hiding in the trench)
          >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
          <mailto:beaudoer@...>
        • Jayme Cox
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003
            Eddy Anthony wrote:

            > My brain getting in the way again, I spelled Visible VISABLE, D'oh!
            > Funny thing though, PCGen just ignored it and didn't throw up the illegal
            > tag warning.

            I'd suggest you run the PCGen application from a shell prompt, that way
            you can always see the errors that are printed.