Re: [pcgen] Visible templates

  • Eric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003
      At 22:08 2003.11.30, Eddy Anthony wrote:
      >Arg!
      > My brain getting in the way again, I spelled Visible VISABLE, D'oh!
      >Funny thing though, PCGen just ignored it and didn't throw up the illegal
      >tag warning.
      > Templates are fine, nothing broken but my spelling ability.

      prettylst.pl would have seen that right away ;-)

      Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin (hiding in the trench)
      >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
      <mailto:beaudoer@...>
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003
        Eric
        I would love to be able to run prettylst but have been unsuccessful so
        far. I'm on a Mac running OS X, I use Bbedit for editing list files. Bbedit
        has support for scripting and Mac supports perl. I've downloaded the
        Balanced.pm file but I'm not sure where to put it. You are probably on a PC
        and won't know where things go on a mac but any suggestions would be
        appreciated
        --
        ~ Eddy
        ~ Doc Chimp
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003
          I flubbed the VISIBLE tag, it works, but the REMOVABLE:NO does not seem to
          work. If a template is visible will that override the REMOVABLE tag?

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003
            At 22:31 2003.11.30, Eddy Anthony wrote:
            >Eric
            > I would love to be able to run prettylst but have been unsuccessful so
            >far. I'm on a Mac running OS X, I use Bbedit for editing list files. Bbedit
            >has support for scripting and Mac supports perl. I've downloaded the
            >Balanced.pm file but I'm not sure where to put it. You are probably on a PC
            >and won't know where things go on a mac but any suggestions would be
            >appreciated

            If you already have Perl installed, most of the work is done.

            In your Perl directory, locate the direcotory "site/lib/Text". Put the Balanced.pm file in there and everything should work fine.

            OS X is a BSD I think so you should have access to a shell. You can see the script documentation by running

            perl prettylst.pl -man

            The most commun way to use it is

            Hope that helps. If you still have problems, let me know.

            Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin (hiding in the trench)
            >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
            <mailto:beaudoer@...>
          • Jayme Cox
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003
              Eddy Anthony wrote:

              > My brain getting in the way again, I spelled Visible VISABLE, D'oh!
              > Funny thing though, PCGen just ignored it and didn't throw up the illegal
              > tag warning.

              I'd suggest you run the PCGen application from a shell prompt, that way
              you can always see the errors that are printed.