RE: [pcgen] Re: Rokugan??

  • Mark Perneta
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 30, 2003
      At 08:41 PM 11/30/2003 -0500, Brass Tilde wrote:
      >I'm not sure exactly why this hesitance is present.

      Understand that I'm with you on this one. I really want to see
      these data sets, and have no problem buying the OA set from CMP to make
      them work. However, from looking at the messages I linked to previously,
      the hesitance is definitely there. Dunno.

      Mark.

      --
      The twentieth century was one in which limits on state power were
      removed in order to let the intellectuals run with the ball, and they
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 30, 2003
        Well, I can only speak on CMP's behalf for the hesitancy [CMP Hat on]...

        We're hesitant simply from the last blowup to do anything that would make
        people complain we're shafting PCGen. *shrug* Never mind the fact it's
        making the communities life easier and we're giving back by working closely
        with the data monkeys that make the L5R sets.

        We're not opposed, we just want someone coming back and sniping at us
        anymore over anything. Too many times already it's happened and for a lot
        of things not even related to us.

        W. Robert Reed III
        Mynex
        - #1 Evil Monkey
        - Code Monkey Publishing Co-Founder
        - El Mono Calvo Malvado

        At 08:41 PM 11/30/2003 -0500, Brass Tilde wrote:
        >I'm not sure exactly why this hesitance is present.

        Understand that I'm with you on this one. I really want to see
        these data sets, and have no problem buying the OA set from CMP to make
        them work. However, from looking at the messages I linked to previously,
        the hesitance is definitely there. Dunno.

        Mark.
      • Brass Tilde
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 30, 2003
          > We're not opposed, we just want someone coming back and sniping at us
          > anymore over anything. Too many times already it's happened and for
          > a lot of things not even related to us.

          CMP, at this point, is the only entity that has WotC's approval to produce
          OA files, correct?

          Rokugan files can't be done until the OA files are done, correct?

          CMP likely would *not* do the Rokugan files, as they are "free" ones,
          correct?

          Seems pretty simple to me. CMP does what it does, and the PCGen List
          Monkeys do what they do.

          Mind you, I understand the reluctance to open oneself up to criticism,
          especially that which is undeserved, but it would appear that the
          alternative is to do nothing. Which is even worse, IMNECTHO.

          Are the OA files even started yet?
        • Mynex WOW
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 30, 2003
            OA files are nearing completion... some issues (all code related of course
            *sigh*) for proper support of them, so we're having to come up with
            workarounds.

            And no, at this point, CMP has no plans to produce L5R data sets. Since
            there wouldn't be any conflict of interest, we're more than happy to work
            with any PCGen volunteer data monkeys to create L5R data sets.