[DATA] [BUG] [Pinnacle] Deadlands (was: Re: Newbie question,)

  • rrowald
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2003
      so what can i do (if anything) to get this to work, seeing how it
      doesn't work in 5.4 or 5.51

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Rowald" <robrowald@n...> wrote:
      > ok so its not just me, thanks

      Newbie question,)

      > > i am trying to use pcgen for the first time for Deadlands by
      > > pinnacle. I found all the .lst files but how do i actually use
      > > them.
      > >
      > > Thanks in advanced
      >
      > Well, I just opened up PCGen to go through the process to do step
      by
      > step instructions. Then I found that Pinnacle wasn't there. So
      > opened up the datasets and saw that they want a Gamemode
      > called 'Deadlands'. This gamemode doesn't exist in the system
      > folder, so you can't choose it, which is why the datasets are
      absent.

      > Paul W. King
      > OGL SB and BoD
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > PCGen's FAQ:

      Service.

    • Starrie
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 30, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "rrowald" <robrowald@n...> wrote:
        > i am trying to use pcgen for the first time for Deadlands by
        pinnacle.
        > I found all the .lst files but how do i actually use them.
        >
        > Thanks in advanced

        You should have downloaded 3 zip Files. If so, unzip them all into
        the same directory (folder). You should then see a PCGen. bat file.
        Double click on it and away you go. You do need java installed and
        when you double click on that PCGen.bat file it will pop open a DOS
        window and that window will tell you your java version...make note of
        it in case you have trouble starting PCGen.

        Welcome to using a great program.

        **Starrie
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 30, 2003
          > so what can i do (if anything) to get this to work, seeing how it
          > doesn't work in 5.4 or 5.51

          I don't have Deadlands, so I don't know if its game mode settings
          need to be different or not. If nothing else, you can change the
          gamemode setting in the *.pcc to '3e' instead of 'deadlands'.

          Paul W. King
          OGL SB and BoD