Newbie question,

  • rrowald
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 29, 2003
      i am trying to use pcgen for the first time for Deadlands by pinnacle.
      I found all the .lst files but how do i actually use them.

      Thanks in advanced
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 29, 2003
        > i am trying to use pcgen for the first time for Deadlands by
        > pinnacle. I found all the .lst files but how do i actually use
        > them.
        >
        > Thanks in advanced

        Well, I just opened up PCGen to go through the process to do step by
        step instructions. Then I found that Pinnacle wasn't there. So I
        opened up the datasets and saw that they want a Gamemode
        called 'Deadlands'. This gamemode doesn't exist in the system
        folder, so you can't choose it, which is why the datasets are absent.

        Paul W. King
        OGL SB and BoD
      • Rob Rowald
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 29, 2003
          ok so its not just me, thanks

          > i am trying to use pcgen for the first time for Deadlands by
          > pinnacle. I found all the .lst files but how do i actually use
          > them.
          >
          > Thanks in advanced

          Well, I just opened up PCGen to go through the process to do step by
          step instructions. Then I found that Pinnacle wasn't there. So I
          opened up the datasets and saw that they want a Gamemode
          called 'Deadlands'. This gamemode doesn't exist in the system
          folder, so you can't choose it, which is why the datasets are absent.

          Paul W. King
          OGL SB and BoD

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          PCGen's FAQ:

        • rrowald
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 30, 2003
            so what can i do (if anything) to get this to work, seeing how it
            doesn't work in 5.4 or 5.51

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Rowald" <robrowald@n...> wrote:
            > ok so its not just me, thanks

            Newbie question,)

            > > i am trying to use pcgen for the first time for Deadlands by
            > > pinnacle. I found all the .lst files but how do i actually use
            > > them.
            > >
            > > Thanks in advanced
            >
            > Well, I just opened up PCGen to go through the process to do step
            by
            > step instructions. Then I found that Pinnacle wasn't there. So
            > opened up the datasets and saw that they want a Gamemode
            > called 'Deadlands'. This gamemode doesn't exist in the system
            > folder, so you can't choose it, which is why the datasets are
            absent.

            > Paul W. King
            > OGL SB and BoD
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            > PCGen's FAQ:

            Service.

          • Starrie
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 30, 2003
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "rrowald" <robrowald@n...> wrote:
              > i am trying to use pcgen for the first time for Deadlands by
              pinnacle.
              > I found all the .lst files but how do i actually use them.
              >
              > Thanks in advanced

              You should have downloaded 3 zip Files. If so, unzip them all into
              the same directory (folder). You should then see a PCGen. bat file.
              Double click on it and away you go. You do need java installed and
              when you double click on that PCGen.bat file it will pop open a DOS
              window and that window will tell you your java version...make note of
              it in case you have trouble starting PCGen.

              Welcome to using a great program.

              **Starrie
            • Paul W. King
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 30, 2003
                > so what can i do (if anything) to get this to work, seeing how it
                > doesn't work in 5.4 or 5.51

                I don't have Deadlands, so I don't know if its game mode settings
                need to be different or not. If nothing else, you can change the
                gamemode setting in the *.pcc to '3e' instead of 'deadlands'.

                Paul W. King
                OGL SB and BoD