CHOOSE design change

  • Eric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 27, 2003
      Hello everyone, I just posted on the new Y! group pcgen_experimental. This is the new place to discuss home-brewed .lst files and in order to generate traffic over there, it is where we will be discussing syntax changes

      I just posted about the design process in general and started the CHOOSE tag redesign process. I invite all how are interested to join the group and have a look at the post.

      Best

      √Čric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin (hiding in the trench)
      >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
      <mailto:beaudoer@...>
    • Frugal
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 28, 2003
        <quote who="Eric Beaudoin">
        > Hello everyone, I just posted on the new Y! group pcgen_experimental. This
        > is the new place to discuss home-brewed .lst files and in order to
        > generate traffic over there, it is where we will be discussing syntax
        > changes
        >
        > I just posted about the design process in general and started the CHOOSE
        > tag redesign process. I invite all how are interested to join the group
        > and have a look at the post.

        There does not appear to be a yahoo group called pcgen_experimental...

        A search for pcgen gives:
        pcgen_bod
        pcgen-xml
        pcgen-gmgen
        pcgen
        pcgenview
        PCGenListFileHelp
        LSTfileclass
        pdachasheet
        pcgenclosedata
        PCGScry

        --
        regards,
        Frugal
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 28, 2003

          Don't know why it's not in the search of yahoo but I found it. (not
          joined though, a little busy)

          Monch

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Frugal" <frugal@p...> wrote:

          > <quote who="Eric Beaudoin">
          > > Hello everyone, I just posted on the new Y! group
          pcgen_experimental. This
          > > is the new place to discuss home-brewed .lst files and in order to
          > > generate traffic over there, it is where we will be discussing
          syntax
          > > changes
          > >
          > > I just posted about the design process in general and started the
          CHOOSE
          > > tag redesign process. I invite all how are interested to join the
          group
          > > and have a look at the post.
          >
          > There does not appear to be a yahoo group called
          pcgen_experimental...

          > A search for pcgen gives:
          > pcgen_bod
          > pcgen-xml
          > pcgen-gmgen
          > pcgen
          > pcgenview
          > PCGenListFileHelp
          > LSTfileclass
          > pdachasheet
          > pcgenclosedata
          > PCGScry
          >
          > --
          > regards,
          > Frugal
          > -OS Chimp
        • chacal_62735
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 28, 2003
            > This is the new place to discuss home-brewed .lst files and in order
            to generate traffic over there, it is where we will be discussing
            syntax changes

            Is it a place do discuss syntax changes or home-brewed lsts files ?
            I'd assume the former because I thought the latter was supposed to be in

            PCGenListFileHelp

            Did I miss a message concerning groups reorganization ?

            Chacal, confused
          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 28, 2003
              >> This is the new place to discuss home-brewed .lst files and in order
              >> to generate traffic over there, it is where we will be discussing
              >> syntax changes
              >
              > Is it a place do discuss syntax changes or home-brewed lsts files ?
              > I'd assume the former because I thought the latter was supposed to be in
              >
              > PCGenListFileHelp
              >
              > Did I miss a message concerning groups reorganization ?
              >
              > Chacal, confused

              Chacal
              The process of reorganization is in ongoing and I would anticipate an
              official announcement soon, I don't think you have missed any messages
              concerning this. To clarify, PCGenListFileHelp will remain the place to
              discuss home-brewed .lst files and general .lst questions. It may also
              become the place for Quality Assurance by the general community for Datasets
              released in Beta.

              The new group pcgen_experimental has been set up as a place to develop
              datasets and LST code. The groups messages will be viewable by everyone and
              membership will be open to anyone who wants to work on datasets for PCGen
              though it will be moderated. Datasets must be reviewed for compliance with
              the OGL, we must be sure that they do not contain closed content belonging
              to any publisher. Because of this the files section will be closed to the
              public, though I expect that once a dataset has been fully entered, checked
              for OGL and seems to work reasonably well it will be moved into the Beta
              release.

              This is not an official announcement, just my understanding of what is
              under discussion. This may well change before the final structure is decided
              on, your mileage may very.

              --
              ~ Eddy
              ~ Doc Chimp
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 28, 2003
                My one little niggling question... this is an official "PC-Gen" group, a
                part of the PC-Gen community, to work on files for the PC-Gen application,
                not a group loosely assumed to be affiliated with a bunch of people who are
                really secretly working for the Gnomes of Zurich through a Leichtenstein
                front company purporting to manufacture cast iron leiderhosen but is
                secretly using clog dancing to hypnotize the youth of bavaria?Just asking,
                cause there was a whole bunch of mud flinging(wait, monkeys dont fling
                mud...Oh my god, thats not Mud!) a while back about vast right wing
                conspiracies and black helicopters...

                (note: this is honestly a serious question, and in no way to I want it
                implied or inferred that I am accusing anyone of anything. I just wanted to
                avoid the confusion that could come if someone later says that the group was
                always for x purpose when a relatively large majority of the community at
                large was unaware of that.)

                Ed

              • Hetter
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 28, 2003
                  Yes, this is an official PCGen group. No changing of minds later, no misunderstandings, it is official and therefore under the purvue of the BoD.

                  --
                  Hetter
                  TM Chimp