How to use these new txt files?

  • FTroise@si.rr.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2001
      I am a big fan of the program, but I am pretty slow to programming
      stuff. What do I do to these uploaded .txt files to get them into
      teh program? I would love to insert the magic weapons, scrolls,
      potions, etc, but I am woefully in the dark on what to do. Any help,
      both private or to the group, would be appreciated.

      Frank
    • mocha@mcs.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2001
        For the moment all you can do is copy the file's contents and paste
        it at the end of the equipment.lst file before you launch PCGen.
        Unfortunately since they're not included in my normal releases,
        you'll have to do this everytime you download a new release.
        Alternatively, since the equipment.lst file doesn't change much,
        every time you download a new release you can extract everything
        EXCEPT the equipment.lst file. In any event, once you've got all the
        files the way you like them it's a good idea to make a copy of them -
        in case they get overwritten for any number of reasons.
        I'm glad you like the program! :)
        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., FTroise@s... wrote:
        > I am a big fan of the program, but I am pretty slow to programming
        > stuff. What do I do to these uploaded .txt files to get them into
        > teh program? I would love to insert the magic weapons, scrolls,
        > potions, etc, but I am woefully in the dark on what to do. Any
        help,
        > both private or to the group, would be appreciated.
        >
        > Frank
      • KahnB
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2001
          Open the files you want to add, selected all, copy and paste it on
          the end of the equipmen.lst ;)

          On 2 Feb 2001, at 2:48, FTroise@... wrote:

          > I am a big fan of the program, but I am pretty slow to programming
          > stuff. What do I do to these uploaded .txt files to get them into
          > teh program? I would love to insert the magic weapons, scrolls,
          > potions, etc, but I am woefully in the dark on what to do. Any help,
          > both private or to the group, would be appreciated.
          >
          > Frank

          "Mögen Eure Würfel zur richtigen Zeit das richtige
          Ergebnis aufweisen!

          KahnB
          kahnb@...
          www.rollenspiel-club.de