[OS] [FREQ] Mounts for Non-Paladin Characters

  • magus1972
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2003
      Hey,

      Would it be possible to add a new type of resource, namely "Mount"?

      5th level Paladins get a new resource type of "Special Mount".
      Among other things, this allows for a OS block with the Mount's base
      stats.

      I'd like for all PC's to be able to add a Mount, and have the
      Mount's stat block appear on the PC's sheet, just like a Paladin's
      Special Mount.

      Also, in dealing with Mounts and Special Mounts, it would be useful
      to see their carrying capacities and movement rates listed in this
      Stat Block.

      Thanks!

      Magus1972
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2003
        All you need to do is add it to the companionmods file... Or is this
        what you were requesting be done in distro files rather than you having
        to do it? :p

        (Sorry, brains still kinda glazed from the speed of my re-introduction
        to the work-force :p).

        Oh, and I see you would like a mod to the output... I'll have to look
        into that part.

        Barak
        ~PCGen BoD
        ~OS Silverback

      • magus1972
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
          > All you need to do is add it to the companionmods file... Or is
          this
          > what you were requesting be done in distro files rather than you
          having
          > to do it? :p

          What I'd like to see is a new listing for Mount, in the Resources
          sub-tab, on the right-hand side. Currently, if I create a Rogue,
          for instance, the only options are for Animal Companions or
          Followers. How can I add Mount to this list? I looked at the
          companionmods file, but couldn't see how or where the Resource types
          are defined.

          > Oh, and I see you would like a mod to the output... I'll have to
          look
          > into that part.

          I've modified csheet_fantasy_std.fo to accomodate the changes I was
          looking for in the Special Mount table. The same table could also
          be applied to the Mount Resource type. I can send my modified copy
          along if you'd like to take a look.