Re: [pcgen] [DOCS] [678514] Total=xx not documented in CONTAINS tag.

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2003
      > One other observation:
      > In the examples for the CONTAINS tag the phrase 'coins of weight' is
      > used.
      > Is it me or is this somewhat confusing. Would it not be better to
      > say 'units as defined in the gamemode files' or something like that?

      I never even noticed that before. Yes, it's confusing and I have NO
      idea what it means.

      Barak
      ~ PCGen BoD
      ~ OS Silverback
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2003
        >> In the examples for the CONTAINS tag the phrase 'coins of weight' is
        >> used.
        >
        > I never even noticed that before. Yes, it's confusing and I have NO
        > idea what it means.

        I'd venture to guess at one time long ago coins were used as a weight unit.
        I'm going to change it to units and explain were the unit name is set.

        More container questions. The docs state:

        If there are no type's specified the container may hold anything.

        Specific tags (Potions, Rings, Armor, etc) can be specified with a limit to
        how many can be in the container (e.g. Scroll Case)

        Does this mean that container that hold specific items can only hold those
        types of items?

        I suspect the answer is yes but if not, is there a way to limit a container
        to specific items?
        --
        Eddy
        PCGen Doc Gibbon