Re: [pcgen] [DOCS] [678514] Total=xx not documented in CONTAINS tag.

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
      Bump -

      >From what I gather Total=xx is used when .MODing a CONTAINS tag like this
      example:

      Longbow.MOD[tab]CONTAINS:-1|Arrow=20|Total=20
      If you don't set the total, it stays at 1

      Questions:
      Is Total=xx only used when .MODing or can it be used in a regular CONTAINS
      tag?
      If so what is its function?
      If not should it be documented in the CONTAINS entry or as a special case in
      the .MOD entry?

      --
      Eddy
      PCGen Doc Gibbon
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
        It can be used for more than just .MODing a tag....

        The total is the total # of things the conatiner can carry.

        CONTAINS:-1|Paper=10|Scroll=10

        The abovee will let you put 10 items with a type of paper in and 10
        items with a type of scroll in (for a total of 20 items).

        CONTAINS:-1|Total=10|Paper=10|Scroll=10

        This would let you have 10 items, period. All 10 paper, all 10 scroll,
        or a mixture of each totalling 10, but no more.

        See the Case (Map or Scroll) in the SRD files for an example.

        Barak
        ~PCGen BoD
        ~OS Silverback

        http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/9rHolB/TM

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
          One other observation:
          In the examples for the CONTAINS tag the phrase 'coins of weight' is used.
          Is it me or is this somewhat confusing. Would it not be better to say 'units
          as defined in the gamemode files' or something like that?

          Example
          CONTAINS:500
          500 coins of weight can fit in this container.

          So does this mean 500 coins or 500 Lbs.?
          --
          Eddy
          PCGen Doc Gibbon