rsrdv33 and auto feats

  • Shana Bertram
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2003
      Apparently no conclusion was reached on handling the automatic feats
      granted to classes in the rsrd v33 file?

      The armor and weapon proficiencies still don't show (like fighters,
      barbarians, etc.). The .lst file appears to have AUTOxPROF: tags,
      which does not create the effect of bestowing the feat on the class.

      Another poster noted that VFEAT tags aren't working? I thought the
      consensus was to change these to FEATAUTO?

      --S
    • Shana Bertram
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 5, 2003
        At the risk of harping on this topic:

        I propose the RSRD classes_base.lst file be changed to reflect class
        feats where applicable instead of AUTO:aPROF.

        ie:
        AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Simple

        changed to

        FEATAUTO:Simple Weapon Proficiency

        I consider the current method a misinterpretation of the rules at
        worst and a blasted inconvenience at best. Without using the FEAT
        feature, there's no way to observe the granted proficiencies.

        I'll upload a changed .lst file later if desired. If not, I guess I
        have a nice custom .lst file for my own use.

        --Shana
      • vvincent
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2003
          Regarding auto or virtual feats for classes - I'mn using PCGEN 5.4
          with RSRD 3.3. I am experiencing a problem where I cannot view the
          character in HTML or PDF format.

          The issue appears to be related to autofeats granted for armor.

          For example, I have a paladin character with equiped armor. However,
          until I manually added the various armor proficiencies, I was unable
          to view him in HTML or PDF.

          Any thoughts - or will Shana's suggested change fix the issue.

          Vernon

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Shana Bertram" <slappinjoe@y...> wrote:
          > At the risk of harping on this topic:
          >
          > I propose the RSRD classes_base.lst file be changed to reflect
          class
          > feats where applicable instead of AUTO:aPROF.
          >
          > ie:
          > AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Simple
          >
          > changed to
          >
          > FEATAUTO:Simple Weapon Proficiency
          >
          > I consider the current method a misinterpretation of the rules at
          > worst and a blasted inconvenience at best. Without using the FEAT
          > feature, there's no way to observe the granted proficiencies.
          >
          > I'll upload a changed .lst file later if desired. If not, I guess I
          > have a nice custom .lst file for my own use.
          >
          > --Shana
        • Shana Bertram
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2003
            Vernon, you may be having a different problem.

            I have 5.4.0 and rsrd 33, and I can create and export a paladin in
            armor with no additional feats being added. Are you saying an armor
            penalty applies until you add the feat, or you actually can't export
            the character to a sheet?

            My issue is not that the proficiencies aren't being applied
            correctly, as they are, but that the SRD states (as an example)..

            "...automatically have Armor Proficiency (medium) as a bonus feat.
            They need not select it."

            and that therefore it should show in PCgen and all exports as a feat,
            and not a (hidden) proficiency.

            Maybe try a reinstall of the SRD files into a clean directory?

            --Shana

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "vvincent" <vernonlvincent@h...> wrote:
            > Regarding auto or virtual feats for classes - I'mn using PCGEN 5.4
            > with RSRD 3.3. I am experiencing a problem where I cannot view the
            > character in HTML or PDF format.
            >
            > The issue appears to be related to autofeats granted for armor.
            >
            > For example, I have a paladin character with equiped armor.
            However,
            > until I manually added the various armor proficiencies, I was
            unable
            > to view him in HTML or PDF.
            >
            > Any thoughts - or will Shana's suggested change fix the issue.
            >
            > Vernon
          • Shana Bertram
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 5, 2003
              uploaded to the Files > Campaign+Central > Inwork Projects > RSRD >
              New uploads for RSRD > rsrdclassesbase.lst

              Changed base class feats for level 1 per below.

              Also, the ranger armor proficiency included heavy, removed that.

              If anyone spots an error, please let me know, I'd be glad to fix it.