Re: [rsrd] 32 new filenaming convention test

  • Kevin Colagio
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2003
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Jayme Cox wrote:
      > dlm1065 wrote:
      >
      > > We are looking at a slight change in the file naming convention to
      > > see if it adds to readability give us your opinion.
      >
      > I think it is much easier to read the filenames now
      >
      > v32 has quite a few filename typos in all the .pcc files

      May sound like a stupid question, but why even have the rsrd at the
      beginning?

      Reasons to exclude it:
      1) The directory name (srd35) is enough info
      2) Other organizations (CMP) can use a different name (you don't want
      it overwriting those files anyway)
      3) It just makes it excessively long

      Reasons to keep it:
      1) ???? No idea. *lol*

      Also, I'd suggest that when you have a list of letters (I, J, K) in a
      name, you not put underscores between them. While it is more
      descriptive, it should be pretty obvious from just the "ijk" instead
      of "i_j_k".

      Of course, not being a data monkey, I don't mess with these files
      much, but I thought I'd mention it.

      Kevin Colagio