Re: [pcgen] [rsrd] 32 new filenaming convention test

  • Jayme Cox
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2003
      dlm1065 wrote:

      > We are looking at a slight change in the file naming convention to
      > see if it adds to readability give us your opinion.

      I think it is much easier to read the filenames now

      v32 has quite a few filename typos in all the .pcc files
    • Kevin Colagio
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Jayme Cox wrote:
        > dlm1065 wrote:
        >
        > > We are looking at a slight change in the file naming convention to
        > > see if it adds to readability give us your opinion.
        >
        > I think it is much easier to read the filenames now
        >
        > v32 has quite a few filename typos in all the .pcc files

        May sound like a stupid question, but why even have the rsrd at the
        beginning?

        Reasons to exclude it:
        1) The directory name (srd35) is enough info
        2) Other organizations (CMP) can use a different name (you don't want
        it overwriting those files anyway)
        3) It just makes it excessively long

        Reasons to keep it:
        1) ???? No idea. *lol*

        Also, I'd suggest that when you have a list of letters (I, J, K) in a
        name, you not put underscores between them. While it is more
        descriptive, it should be pretty obvious from just the "ijk" instead
        of "i_j_k".

        Of course, not being a data monkey, I don't mess with these files
        much, but I thought I'd mention it.

        Kevin Colagio