[rsrd] 32 new filenaming convention test

  • dlm1065
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2003
      We are looking at a slight change in the file naming convention to
      see if it adds to readability give us your opinion.
    • Jayme Cox
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2003
        dlm1065 wrote:

        > We are looking at a slight change in the file naming convention to
        > see if it adds to readability give us your opinion.

        I think it is much easier to read the filenames now

        v32 has quite a few filename typos in all the .pcc files
      • Kevin Colagio
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2003
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Jayme Cox wrote:
          > dlm1065 wrote:
          >
          > > We are looking at a slight change in the file naming convention to
          > > see if it adds to readability give us your opinion.
          >
          > I think it is much easier to read the filenames now
          >
          > v32 has quite a few filename typos in all the .pcc files

          May sound like a stupid question, but why even have the rsrd at the
          beginning?

          Reasons to exclude it:
          1) The directory name (srd35) is enough info
          2) Other organizations (CMP) can use a different name (you don't want
          it overwriting those files anyway)
          3) It just makes it excessively long

          Reasons to keep it:
          1) ???? No idea. *lol*

          Also, I'd suggest that when you have a list of letters (I, J, K) in a
          name, you not put underscores between them. While it is more
          descriptive, it should be pretty obvious from just the "ijk" instead
          of "i_j_k".

          Of course, not being a data monkey, I don't mess with these files
          much, but I thought I'd mention it.

          Kevin Colagio