Re: [pcgen] Re: rpg.plambert.net autobuilds failing...

  • Anestis Kozakis
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2003
      At 15:54 -0800 2003/11/02, Paul M. Lambert wrote:
      >On Sun, 02 Nov 2003, Bryan wrote:
      >
      >> YAY finally moving to java 1.4!!!
      >>
      >> Good luck getting it working right, i'm ready and willing to test as
      >> soon as the builds appear
      >>

      >Bring it on!
      >
      >It has successfully compiled. Someone see if it actually runs, no?
      >
      >I don't have time to actually test it before I have to run.
      >
      >The autobuilds are currently off; if I get a confirmation from someone
      >that it actually runs, I'll turn them back on.
      >
      >There are two changes: one, I had to move to the FreeBSD beta 4 JDK1.4.1
      >as I mentioned before, and two, I had to put the jdom.jar file from
      >www.jdom.org into libs/
      >
      >I'll try to add that lib file to the downloads on rpg.plambert.net at
      >some point, too. But I've not looked at the license yet to verify that
      >I am allowed.

      Ran fine and loaded a PCG fine.

      Running on a Mac Powerbook with OS 10.2.8 (fully updated).

      [kenosti%] java -version
      java version "1.4.1_01"
      Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_01-69.1)
      Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.1_01-24, mixed mode)

      >--plambert

      Anestis.
      --
      kenosti@...
      "No brilliance is needed in the law. Nothing but common sense,
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2003
        On Nov 2, 2003, at 4:35 PM, Anestis Kozakis wrote:

        > Ran fine and loaded a PCG fine.
        >
        > Running on a Mac Powerbook with OS 10.2.8 (fully updated).
        >
        > [kenosti%] java -version
        > java version "1.4.1_01"
        > Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_01-69.1)
        > Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.1_01-24, mixed mode)

        OK, I'm firing up the autobuilds again. Thanks to everyone who tested
        it!

        --plambert
      • jslicari
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 3, 2003
          It does seem to work OK on 1.3.x. Well, I tried it on a Mac where I specifically told it
          to use the 1.3 JVM. However, on a Mac there is a bit of a grey area when you have
          both 1.3 and 1.4 installed so it may not have been a "pure" 1.3 environment.

          Joe

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul M. Lambert" <plambert@p...> wrote:
          > the rpg.plambert.net autobuilds are failing.
          >
          > this is a result of new code (gmgen, i believe, but don't trust me on
          > that) that requires java 1.4.x.
          >
          > i've installed a beta of java 1.4.1 for freebsd on rpg.plambert.net,
          > but who knows yet if it works. it's late, and i'm not gonna futz with
          > it anymore tonight.
          >
          > hopefully tomorrow, i can try a build with the 1.4.1 JDK and see if it
          > goes. if it does, i'll update the automated scripts to use 1.4.1, but
          > i'll need people to make sure that it still works.
          >
          > i'm especially interested in knowing if the 1.4.1 compiled pcgen will
          > run on a 1.3.x java environment without problems.
          >
          > thanks for your patience!
          >
          > --plambert
        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 4, 2003
            Hi Paul,

            Did you get to restart the auto-builds yet? There only seems to be one good
            one from Sun Nov 2 23:47:00 2003 GMT - no new ones yet.

            James Dempsey
            JDempsey@...
            PCGEN Code Monkey