RE: [pcgen] [FREQ] Racial and class followers for deities

  • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2003
      Existing freq

      <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=565576&group_id=25576&atid=
      384722> 565576

      Choosing dieities for non divine PCs

      TM SB

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Chuck Pint [mailto:pcgen@...]
      Sent: Sunday, 2 November 2003 2:25 a.m.
      To: pcgen@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [pcgen] [FREQ] Racial and class followers for deities

      Maybe I'm missing it, but there still does not seem to be any tracker
      associated with fixing this problem. The problem is that there are
      quite a few deities that are worshiped by race. For example Moradin
      is the god of the Dwarves. While Moradin is LG, and his clerics must
      be LG, NG, LN dwarf, his followers can be any alignment as long as
      they are a Dwarf. Also note that there is nothing in PCGen to stop an
      Elven LN cleric from choosing Moradin. The PHB is quite clear that
      for racial deities, only clerics of that race are allowed. However,
      setting the racial follower with the lst editor does not work. If you
      set the RACE tag to Dwarf, then a dwarf character still cannot select
      Moradin, unless the alignment is LG, NG, or LN. The PANTHEON tag does
      not seem to matter either. Also I can find no documentation on the
      RACE tag for the deities. Is it even implemented? Also there does not
      seem to be a way for a class to have access to a deity. A CG Wizard
      it would seem could worship Boccob, PCGen does not allow it.

      The only fix for this is ugly. That's to allow any alignment to
      worship, and to just make sure the player doesn't pick a deity that
      does not allow that race or class. Seems to defeat the whole point of
      having PCGen set the allowable deities.

      Chuck Pint

    • Chuck Pint
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2003
        Not quite the same. The FREQ you reference below, only would fix the
        problem of followers having a one-step difference in alignment. It
        does not talk at all about allowing followers of any alignment have a
        deity that is common for their race or class. So what I'm asking for
        should either expand that FREQ or create a new one.

        Chuck

        <MartijnV@d...> wrote:
        > Existing freq
        >

        > <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?
        func=detail&aid=565576&group_id=25576&atid=
        > 384722> 565576
        >
        > Choosing dieities for non divine PCs

        > TM SB

        <snip>
      • Vance
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2003
          With all the talk about PREMULT: statments lately, could this be applied to
          Deities?
          I know the following syntax is not correct, but something like:
          PREMULT:[CLASS.Cleric,ALIGN.1,2],[CLASS.!Cleric,ALIGN.1,2,3,4],[CLASS.!Cleri
          c,RACE.Dwarf]
          You get the idea.

          Vance

          > Not quite the same. The FREQ you reference below, only would fix the
          > problem of followers having a one-step difference in alignment. It
          > does not talk at all about allowing followers of any alignment have a
          > deity that is common for their race or class. So what I'm asking for
          > should either expand that FREQ or create a new one.
          >
          > Chuck
          >

          > <MartijnV@d...> wrote:
          > > Existing freq
          > >

          > > <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?
          > func=detail&aid=565576&group_id=25576&atid=
          > > 384722> 565576
          > >
          > > Choosing dieities for non divine PCs

          > > TM SB

        • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2003
            Hi Chuck,

            Could you please add to the freq with your needs? Its already a high
            priority and both need to be fixed @ ther same time.

            TM SB