Re: [pcgen] [RSRD] [Andargor] Question about Aasimar

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2003
      > At 04:30 AM 10/28/2003 +0000, dlm1065 wrote:
      > >Check your Default Monster setting in the preferences.
      >
      > OK, I've now tried to do this with "Default Monsters" on AND
      > off. The result is essentially the same, with the following issues
      > regarding the Aasimar:
      >
      > Alignment listed as "LG, LN, LE" - should be "LG, NG, CG". The
      > RSRD lists this as "Usually Good (any)"

      Actually, that means it should not have ANY PREALIGN on it..... We only put
      PREALIGNs on the ALWAYS.....
      Always Good (Any) would mean LG, NG, CG. Always Lawful (Any) would mean LG,
      LN, LE...

      Andargor, is that something simple for the script?

      > "Stat Adj" listed as "STR: 2 CON: 2" - should be "WIS: 2 CHA:
      > 2". Checking the LST file, it gets +2 STR and +2 CON flat, and +1 to STR,
      > DEX and WIS based on the "Default Monster" setting. As a side point, even
      > when "Default Monsters" is OFF, this is shown as +3 STR, +1 DEX, +2 CON
      and
      > +1 WIS under "Racial Adj.", AND -1 STR, -1 DEX and -1 WIS under "Other
      > Adj." Personally, I find this to be a little confusing. Is there a
      > particular reason why the "Default Monster" stat points are added all the
      > time, and then adjusted back down if the setting is OFF?

      That shouldn't be happening..... Probably a code issue.

      > I suspect that the confusion in stats comes from the following
      > line in the RSRD:
      > "The aasimar warrior presented here had the following ability
      > scores before racial adjustments: Str 13, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 9,
      > Cha 8."
      > This is the "non-elite array", and would result in a final stat
      > line of "Str 13, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 10" as shown in the
      > example monster.

      Ok, since I don't think things like that are in the XML the script is using,
      we'll have to come back to those when the script is done.

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen Data SB and BoD
    • andargor
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2003
        > Actually, that means it should not have ANY PREALIGN on it..... We
        only put
        > PREALIGNs on the ALWAYS.....
        > Always Good (Any) would mean LG, NG, CG. Always Lawful (Any) would
        mean LG,
        > LN, LE...
        >
        > Andargor, is that something simple for the script?

        As far as I know, that's already been fixed in the 10/29 release.
        Aasimar is listed as having "Usually good" alignment, so there is no
        PREALIGN for it.

        > > This is the "non-elite array", and would result in a
        final stat
        > > line of "Str 13, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 10" as shown
        in the
        > > example monster.
        >
        > Ok, since I don't think things like that are in the XML the script
        is using,
        > we'll have to come back to those when the script is done.
        >
        > Tir Gwaith
        > PCGen Data SB and BoD

        Yeah, I agree this kind of thing should come into manual edits, when
        we get there. It's not easy to parse for...

        It's good that it's noted, however.

        I'm having trouble following all the bug reports, could this be put in
        the bug tracker? Or have a separate directory in files for monsters?

        Andargor